Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Docs To Go is unable to open .docx files stored on Dropbox.

Z30 running OS 10.2.1.2126

Docs To Go version is unattainable (original version that came with the Z30)

Dropbox client version unattainable (original version that came with the Z30)

Love my Z30 but, like everything else new, growing pains are a part of the package...

I have one each of a .doc and .docx file in my Dropbox area.  Docs To Go cannot see or open the .docx file, while both formats are visible and accessible on my installed media card.  Is there a setting that I need to change somewhere?

Thanks.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Docs To Go is unable to open .docx files stored on Dropbox.

No settings that I'm aware of. My Z30 opens docx with no problem. I'm on OS 10.2.1.2941
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Did you update your Z30 after the purchase and did a mere build update wipe your phone? Or did the phone arrive with that build number pre-installed?

Thanks again.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I updated myself with Sachesi. However, I've never had an issue with docx even on older versions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I

Can you open a docx attached to an email?
Contributor

Before I answer that, I will stop by my office and repeat some steps that I normally take to access a file through MS Word. Will let you know.
Contributor

I believe I found the source of the issue.  In my DropBox account are two files, which I will call fileA.doc and fileB.docx, where fileA and fileB are tokens in place of the real file names.  In this case, fileA and fileB are the same name.

MS Word on my Win7 workstation can see and open both fileA.doc and fileB.docx with no issues.

Documents To Go and the Blackberry 10 File Manager can not.

The DropBox website itself will not list both fileA.doc and fileB.docx.  This leads me to believe that the website code that manages files only counts the first three characters of the file extension as significant and only sees fileA.doc and fileB.doc.  I sent an issue ticket to DropBox support and hope to see a resolution by the end of this week.

Guru I

I have docx files stored in dropbox and can open them just fine. I don't have doc and docx files with the same name, however.