Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus
My Carrier: telus

Docs to Go on Z10

Which department deals with Docs to Go? On the Z10, that is. 

I had a post, which disappeared somewhere, about why there is no 'Go to Cell' ability that is present on the Playbook. I have a very large file, to do with books, that is in excess of 20,000 lines. Having to scroll is a real pest. The Z10 is longer lasting in battery life, and easier to pull from one's pocket, so why no 'Go to Cell'????

Someone must know why it's missing, when it shouldn't be?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

Re: Docs to Go on Z10

I take it from the lack of response that not one person at Blackberry knows who is in charge of Docs to Go?

Someone should surely know why there is a difference between the application on a Playbook and that offered on a Z10?

This is a real problem for me, and perhaps a lot of other people. Given that the Playbook has been promised a BB10 upgrade, can I expect that Docs to Go will deteriorate to the version I have on my Z10? 

I do hope not!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

turdusturdus wrote:

I take it from the lack of response that not one person at Blackberry knows who is in charge of Docs to Go?

Actually, no, that's not what you should take...rather, this information, provided at the top of every page of this site, is quite important to setting your expectation as to what responses to expect here:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

This site is not a channel for any formal communications with, escalations to, nor support from BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever... From time to time some formal BB folks may wander by and provide advice and such, but one should never expect that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

Well, that's fine. But, if you are at all au fait with Blackberry, couldn't you put a relevant contact here for me to visit?

Or, more likely, I should find it myself!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

[ Edited ]

Note that if one visits DataViz, the original source of Docs to Go, the blurb, shown below, indicates the preinstalled situation, and that one should visit http://us.blackberry.com/support for help.

There is no mention that if one visits support that only one's peers, ie persons with no ability to advise one, according to what I have been informed in this forum, are actually available.

So, I shall have to find another link, in Blackberry somewhere.

DocsToGoDataViz.jpg

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello turdusturdus,

and how did you go from http://us.blackberry.com/support to the currrent forums ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

How did I go? 

I didn't, since the DataViz link came up as I was looking for an answer that is not found here.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

try here
http://www.dataviz.com/EFORM_infomail.html

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

Thank you for the link, but it does not apply to Docs to Go for the Z10.

That's why I placed the image above regarding DataViz, where they don't look after what Blackberry, ex-RIM, has placed on the Playbook and the Z10 and whatever else in the product line.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

did you send an inquiry to the form I gave you, even if it does not concern the Docs To Go for the Z10?

Please use plain text.