If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

Re: Docs to Go on Z10

[ Edited ]

My email, and the response from DataViz. 
Note, going to the link shown by them on the email will be related in the next post.

The guy did not respond adequately, since he simply repeated what, in fact, I had written in my question to DataViz.

DocsToGo_DataViz_etc.jpg

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

[ Edited ]

The link http://support.dataviz.com/dxtgbb_policy.html provides a link to Blackberry: 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/searchEntry.do?searchString=%22Documents%20To%20G...

Going there produces a list. But, if one goes to Blackberry 10, there is nothing there of significance.

Finally, nothing I have discovered gives me a link to a person in Blackberry who can explain why there is not a Go to Cell operand in the Z10 Docs to Go, that exists on my Playbook. 

Someone in Blackberry is in charge, right? If that can be assumed, why is it impossible to reach whomever that can be?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chief9900
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chief9900
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Yes I agree with turdusturdus the Docs to Go on the Z10 or Q10 does not have all the options my blackberry 9700 had.  I thought it would be the same or better.....  I cant even add a row in excel nor toggle between edit mode and view mode like I used to on either word or excel.   Come on guys, we bought the latest to have the latest. 

I got the same run around when contacting Dataviz, and no one seems to own.

Q10 is nice tho......

sorry about blank post above fat fingers.

Chief

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

Z10 updated today to 10.1.0.273 and there are some improvements.

However, nothing happened to Docs to Go. It's still the same and still a pain to use compared to my Playbook.

Remember, the Playbook has a battery life of maybe four hours, a lot less than the Z10.

Plus, the Z10 is on all day when I'm out, so it's very easy to pull up the Excel part of Docs to Go, to check things. But, and a big but, nothing has been improved alongside the Z10's update.

This is a support forum, and one would have thought that techies would check it occasionally to determine what the customers think. 

So, what gives here, why no answers to the worries about the definitely worsened Docs to Go on the Z10?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Dear turdusturdus

I know this may not have anything to do with DocToGo but I saw you mentioned you had a systems update 10.1.0.273, well most of the time I use my phone HotSpot when am at home and as I was out I go WiFI, well while at college I pushed for an update via WiFi and got the systems update; 10.0.10.90 on my Z10. I would of thought each update pack comes as expressed, update?!!!
JTValerie
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Clellen
My Device: Z10

While the following link provides a 'How To' on only the very basic functions that are available in the BlackBerry version of Sheet to Go (you've probably already got these figured out) it will provide you with a link to tell BB support directly that you are unhappy with the limitations. 

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/cfl1333386636067.jsp

Simply go to the  > Editing Spreadsheets  link and click "No, This did not help" at the bottom of the page. This will open a dialog box to provide BB with feedback.

Then – like me – you can bemoan the loss of:

Freeze frame & header rows - the sheet is useless if you cant see what the data relates too!

Hide / Unhide column or row

Insert column or row function

Insert additional sheet

Delete sheet

Rename sheet

Autofit (column width) - useful for multiple columns

Sort

Go to cell…

Go to Home / End

AutoSum

Author details… (preferences)

Also spreadsheets traditionally overwrite the current cell content - it is very strange to alter this

Since BB claims we can "leave the laptop at home" then we should at least have the functions that were available in previous versions of Sheet to Go (The DataViz versions) — it has basically been reduced to a document viewer. Very disappointing.

While this won't help your problems, it will at least get your complaints to the right 'ears'.

Please use plain text.