Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
garyr501
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

Documents to Go Password Works on Q10 and Playbook but not on MS Excel 2007,2010 nor 2013 on PC

This has been really frustrating for me. I'm a long time BB user (over 6 years) and want to promote BB and its features, but when straigtht forward features don't work and  when it hard to  find any information on why they don't work is painful.

The excel file that I have I can edit and save it on my Playbook, and Q10, but when I copy the file to my PC and try to open it, I get an error message from excel that the file is corrupted.   I have tried different options (i.e., renaming the file then copying it, trying to open it with excel 2007, 2010, and 2013, using the Web App to open it, and it says  that I need Rights Management (RM) to open.)  Does anyone know of a means to open  without using software to break the password. I appreciate any assistance.

Please use plain text.
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Documents to Go Password Works on Q10 and Playbook but not on MS Excel 2007,2010 nor 2013 on PC

Hey garyr501,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you I have a couple questions; If you go to the properties of the Excel file on your PC what is the file format? And does this happen with all Excel files created on the BlackBerry smartphone using Documents to Go?

I look forward to hearing back.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
garyr501

Re: Documents to Go Password Works on Q10 and Playbook but not on MS Excel 2007,2010 nor 2013 on PC

This my main problem. I do not have this file on my computer any more. It's only on my BlackBerry Playbook as of now. I tried transferring the file to my Q10 and DocstoGo opens it there it's only when I try to transfer it a PC, any PC, that I get this error when attempting to open the file.  I think when I created the original  file I use MS Excel 2010 in the compatibility mode.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
garyr501

I've solved my own problem.  Doc to Go on the Playbook 2.1.0.1753 cannot read the latest excel files with password protection.  Doc to Go on my Q10 can read password protected excel files even files located in my Box account! To get my information from the Playbook's excel file, I had to open the file on the Playbook and then cut and paste each column's information into separate Microsoft Word files on Playbook without password protection.  I then transferred these files to my PC and imported the information in a new excel file with password protection and deleted the MS Word files. This new excel file can be read by Doc to Go on my Q10 but not by Playbook's Doc to Go. Until Doc to Go On the playbook is updated, I will not be able to open this file on it. 

Hope this helps someone else. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5

I had it working for my q 10 worked like a charm thank you!
Please use plain text.