Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
CustomWorldMedia
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Facebook App for BB Z10 is junk, half the function of an iPhone Facebook App

Well what can I say, it looks like the Facebook on iPhone App, but it sure doesnt function like it....

1) you can not share posts or pics, no share option

2) News feed shows old posts, from last week, not current

3) in the upper left menu drop down, I cant access my pages, I have to go to browser mobile site to do so

4) when you want to copy and past someones status or quotes you cany by screen... touch or press

5) there is no way to delete your status or post in the app, you have to go to mobile version to do so

6) on iPhone you touch top of screen and it suto scrolls to top of the news feed or page. On Blackberry you have to manually do it

It is very simple, mimic exactly how apple has their Facebook app working and make it happen, its as if only half the options or features are usable, its like beyond functions and sucks.... I honestly just use the mobile site cause at least it works.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Facebook App for BB Z10 is junk, half the function of an iPhone Facebook App

CustomWorldMedia wrote:

It is very simple, mimic exactly how apple has their Facebook app working and make it happen........

You're talking about a new app on a brand new OS running on a brand new phone.....and you want it to have EVERY feature of a phone that is still running a stale OS?  Let's be realistic here.  The Z10 has MANY features that blow away any iPhone on the market.  Perhaps the facebook app is not one of them but for a spankin' new app it does a respectable job.  If you're so happy with the features of the mobile site, maybe stick with it until the BlackBerry facebook app gets an update (but be warned: that mobile site will load quicker on your Z10 then on an iPhone).

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
Danish88
My Device: Z10

Re: Facebook App for BB Z10 is junk, half the function of an iPhone Facebook App

Well to be honest, BB z10 is way better than iphone. As for my opinion. Like he said, the Browser is much faster than Iphone. The only thing that dissapoint most of the blackberry user so far, it does not support instagram INSTAGRAM and VEVO. As for other features, BB Z10 is one of the best achievement. Hope Blackberry could figure out to include INSTAGRAM and VEVO. Im sure there will be more user because of this applications impact . :smileyhappy:

- Danish - Malaysia -

Contributor
nabihsalem
My Device: Q10

The issue I am facing with My Z10 Facebook News Feed is that it only gives me access to three levels of scrolls down and then it just stops updating or it is goes into an an endless loop of trying to download feeds and never gets any!!! (It always stops at the same place/post within the feeds list)

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

CustomWorldMedia wrote:

It is very simple, mimic exactly how apple has their Facebook app working and make it happen, its as if only half the options or features are usable, its like beyond functions and sucks.... I honestly just use the mobile site cause at least it works.

hello CustomWorldMedia,

here are some facts.

1) Apple does not have a Facebook app on iOS. It is the other way around. Facebook has decided to release a "Facebook app for iOS" and a "Facebook app for Android" (and not on WP and not on BB).

2) BlackBerry has released a Facebook app for both OS5 / OS6 / OS7 and for BlackBerry 10. Those two apps are nothing but screens. Beautiful screens, but just screens, that will, behind the walls, merely call the mobile website (m.facebook.com). So for those two apps, You can at most only get the same features as m.facebook.com .

3) the OS5/OS6/OS7 app is considered mature. It has evolved with time, today version 4, with plenty of features including sharing, group actions and so on. Having the same features for the BlackBerry 10 app would make me a happy man.

4) Facebook has only released one app for BlackBerry, it is the app named "Facebook Messenger", and it has been released for OS5/OS6/OS7. Its features consist of :

- facebook chat

- facebook messages

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
jakz
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

3) the OS5/OS6/OS7 app is considered mature. It has evolved with time, today version 4, with plenty of features including sharing, group actions and so on. Having the same features for the BlackBerry 10 app would make me a happy man.

4) Facebook has only released one app for BlackBerry, it is the app named "Facebook Messenger", and it has been released for OS5/OS6/OS7. Its features consist of :

- facebook chat

- facebook messages

agree to all of the above. thanks for reiterating these @xandrex. I hope that they will fix on the concerns very soon. i want to enjoy fb on this new z10!

New Contributor
pietropavan
My Device: Z10

And you cannot even go horizontal. Sometimes, it's very frustrating not being able to do it!!
It loads only a few news feeds and you have to keep refreshing the page to get new posts...
Who is developing this app? It's clearly biased to iOS and not BlackBerry, i wish all BlackBerry users could have a better version i mean a better version than iOS users...
Pietro,
Dubai, UAE
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

what do you mean, go horizontal?

anyways, the issue you are experiencing happen for some users, and for other users like me there is no issue at all.

Currently, about the mobile Facebook apps:
- the iOS and the Android versions are developed by Facebook Inc.
- the WindowsPhone version is developed by Microsoft Corp.
- the BlackBerry versions are developed by BlackBerry.

I do not know why Facebook refuses to develop for BlackBerry, but I guess they feel threatened by BlackBerry (especially with the upcoming BBM Channels in BBM).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: