Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
hundoman
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: it will be Sprint

Facebook App - stuck at the Add an Account launch screen

Hello so I was wondering how to get the Facebook application to launch as it is stuck at the launch screen mentioned above with the Facebook blue background and then an "Add an Account" button.

I press the add and account button and I then try to attach it to my existing Facebook account that I have done prior under the "settings" "accounts" button.

I have also deleted the account and then re-established it via the Facebook app and it will not launch either.

Linked in app has the same issues.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Facebook App - stuck at the Add an Account launch screen

is your device a dev alpha B or a Z10 ?

I do not understand where on your device you have logged in your FB account. Is it in the hub?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hundoman
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: it will be Sprint

I have a Dave Alpha B device.

So the Facebook account does show up under the Blackberry Hub and the Facebook items propagate through the devices calendar.

The problem is that I can't seem to get the Facebook App to launch on the device as it is asking me to "add an account".

When I click on the "add an account" button it takes me to my accounts loaded on the device. I then select the Facebook account and I re enter my password and it verifies. I hit the back button and then I am at the Facebook "add an account" screen again.

thx

Please use plain text.
gfa_petra
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: none

I have the same problem on Dev Alpha B.

Please use plain text.
gfa_petra
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: none

It seems that Facebook and Twitter are not supported on dev alpha devices - https://twitter.com/BlackBerryDev/status/297367955019296768
Please use plain text.