Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
sleaf
My Device: BlackBerry Z30 and wifi PlayBook 32GB

Facebook Notifications stopped coming in to BB10 Z10 Hub

I’m not sure if I’m sending this to the right place, but hopefully if I’m not you can direct this to the right people. Sunday night I noticed something unusual on my Rogers BlackBerry Z10, it stopped receiving Facebook Notifications within the Hub. I had been receiving Facebook notifications in the hub right up until 6:30pm Sunday night. After 6:30pm the only way I could see new notifications was to go into the Facebook application itself. I'm running STL100-3 Software Release 10.0.10.85 (OS Version 10.0.10.672) and Facebook vers. 10.0.0.83. (I did my OS update the same day it came out and I was getting notifications after I did the update). I've confirmed Enable Notifications is still set to On within the Accounts settings for Facebook and notifications for Facebook is turned on in the hub. I've done a battery pull and I've also contacted Rogers to try to troubleshoot the issue. They've reinitialized my device, but it still isn't getting the FB Notifications in the Hub. I've also tried an uninstall and reinstall of the Facebook app. I do see emails sent to my Facebook email account in the hub, but not my Facebook notifications. I don't know what else there is left to try, but I'd like to get my notifications back within the hub.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Facebook Notifications stopped coming in to BB10 Z10 Hub

Hi sleaf,

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your notifications. So that we can investigate further, could you please ask your wireless service provider to escalate this issue to BlackBerry support on your behalf?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sleaf

Thanks Frankie, I contacted Rogers and asked them to escalate the issue on my behalf, but they said they couldn't as this is an issue with the BlackBerry OS and a third party application. They also recommended I do a full system wipe to see if that resolves the problem.They also recommended I contact BlackBerry Support myself, so back to you.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sleaf

Ok, took the drastic step of wiping my Z10 and starting out from scratch. I've re-set up my email accounts and my Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Evernote accounts and have begun redownloading all the apps I previously had installed. Unfortunately the wipe doesn't appear to have fixed the issue, I'm still not getting Facebook notifications in the hub.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sleaf

Just as sudden as it stopped working, four hours after posting that I had wiped and re-set up my device, Facebook notifications suddenly came alive in my hub 5 minutes ago. Guess I'll never know what caused them to suddenly quit.
Please use plain text.
vanmilm
My Device: BBQ10

I have been having the exact same issue since downloading new FB app and updating OS. I'm on my 3 delete and re-install of the app and very frustrated. I do not have time to wait on the phone with rogers technical support. I've reviewed some of the reviews on appworld and their seems to be a lot with the same issues. Did thiis not surface during beta testing? Will there be a fix soon? 

Please use plain text.
aircraftman3
My Device: Z10

HELLO!

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!!

Well.. to be honest I just got my notification back.. and I don't really understand what happened. Here's how it went- I wanted to install an android app on my Z10, so I installed DDPB and installed this app. To install I had to enable 

• Main screen“Ustawienia”
  • “Security and privacy”
  • “****(something) mode”
  • enable  “use this mode”
  • enter a password
  • remember this password

and then I had something strange going on. I uninstalled this app, and suddenly like out of nowehre I had to input my password to unlock the screen and it happened a few times, irregular, and when I didn't input the password I saw the background screen when the notification was showing a text, like always. And then I had to put the password and this is how it happened. I leave it to you...

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You put the device in Developer Mode and sideloaded an Android app... ok.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
vanmilm
My Device: BBQ10

The issue has been solved for me with the updated version of FB that blackberry put out months ago.  No issues with not being able to open fb notification from the hub

Please use plain text.