Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3

Facebook and my Hub

When I add facebook to my accounts. It brings up my facebook friends in my contacts. Id personally just want to sync the calender and notifications and have the option of not sync friends.

But what drives me nuts is when i am trying to compose and txt message to a contact on my phone. it brings up email address' and phone numbers of people on my facebook. But if i select to compose a bbm it only brings up people on my bbm.

Therefore I do not have the fb app on my phone which sucks cuz i like the share option when uploading pictures and whatnot. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Facebook and my Hub

Hi Rsim01,

As you can send an SMS message to email using the BlackBerry Z10, when selecting a contact, all contacts that have either an email address or phone number associated, will appear as suggestions.

As BBM is exclusive to only contacts you've added to your BBM, only they will appear when composing a BBM message.  Its not possible to compose a BBM message to a contact by Email or SMS.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3

Re: Facebook and my Hub

I get that, Im saying fb should be like the bbm option when selection a method of communication. I hope i see this in an update. 

Personally i do not want my fb friends to merge with my contacts, at all, I would just like to sync my events and messages, other then that the fuctionality with the hub works well in terms of replying to messages, chats, and being able to share photos, etc. 

Right now, the huge con out ways the pro so i have removed the account from my phone.

Just want to give my feedback so blackberry can continue to make people happy.