Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
BSADH
My Device: z10
My Carrier: mobilink

Facebook chat

I bought Z10 and have some issues. Very disappointed.

1)- In facebook apps there is no chat. Can any one help about this?

2)- No viber,whatsapp and mobile voip in Z10 but these apps works in bold 9900. Do you know what is the matter?

3)- I updated the software yesterday but after that live BBM icon has disappeared. How to handle it?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Facebook chat

Hello,

BSADH wrote:

1)- In facebook apps there is no chat. Can any one help about this?

I've never bothered with that...but I think it does not exist. It may in the future...or it may not...there is no way to predict.

BSADH wrote:

2)- No viber,whatsapp and mobile voip in Z10 but these apps works in bold 9900. Do you know what is the matter?

There is nothing new about the process. All apps must be ported to every specific BB model number / major OS level combination. That's a lot of porting, and many developers choose only to do it for a subset.

But, to complicate matters, migrating apps to BB10 is not a matter of mere porting...BB10 is a revolutionary change from legacy, it is not evolutionary. Consequently, even though it's reported that development under BB10 is easier, it is still a "ground up" total re-write of the code to make an app for BB10, even if it existed for legacy BBs. As such, the developers need to choose if/when they will undertake that...but it's their decisions to make, not BlackBerry's.

BSADH wrote:

3)- I updated the software yesterday but after that live BBM icon has disappeared. How to handle it?

That is odd...try searching for it in AppWorld and installing from there. Try also, from the browser, www.blackberry.com/bbm and see if it can install. Also try a full shut down / restart.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.