Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900 + Z30 (STA 100-5)
My Carrier: AT&T

Google Talk, excellent while we wait for Skype..

I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by Google Talk's performance on Z10.

Once you sign in, it continues to run on the background even when you close it, or when it falls into 9th place in active frames. You then get your messages in hub, and you can easily reply and continue conversation in there.

Considering all Android devices have Google Talk built in (no need to run or sign in separetly in those devices, it's like BBM of Android) once the person is in your friend list, they will receive the message instantly.

It is probably my favorite communication app in Z10, very nicely done by google, completely native.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Google Talk, excellent while we wait for Skype..

Ride_The_Sky wrote:

It is probably my favorite communication app in Z10, very nicely done by google, completely native.

I agree with you, Google Talk works very fine on the Z10, even when it's closed.

but if you look here under the name :

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/681/

You will see that the app is developped by BlackBerry, not by Google. Google Talk is based on open source & documented APIs so it's easier for anyone to plug to that protocol. (y)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: