Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

Hey Blackberry

i want ask about why there's no an offical instgram and tumblr app for blackberry 10

can blackberry answer me ?! we need offical instagram and Tumblr app please help us am not the only one who need that apps <3

Thanks <3:Helpsmilie:

Dj Swaroviski
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Hey Blackberry

Hello,

A few things to cover...

Firstly, only rarely does BlackBerry officially answer in these forums, and never with something about your question as it is worded. Such would be revealing of proprietary and/or forward looking information, which is forbidden by the Ts and Cs of this site.

Secondly, in only a few cases does BlackBerry actually develop any apps...and Instagram is not among those. I believe that BB must secure agreement from the owner of the app in order to develop an in-house version, and must further feel it is in their best interests to do so. Those are two very high hurdles to cross over.

Next, BlackBerry does not "pull" apps from the developer community...rather, the developers decide what platforms they will support, and they then develop their app to those decisions.

Therefore, we can surmise that BB perhaps does not have permission to develop an in-house version of Instagram. Or, if they do, then they do not feel it is in their best interests to invest in that activity. Or maybe they are in the process, but we just don't know about it (and, per the Ts and Cs of this site, cannot know about it if such is the case).

We can also surmise that Instagram has not elected to support the BB10 platform...which is their decision to make, and complaints about which would be best directed to them. Or, they may be developing one, but we just don't know about it.

So, with all of that, the only thing we can know for sure is that there is no "official" Instagram app available at this time, neither from BB nor from whoever owns Instagram. What the future holds is not something we can actually know of.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code