Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
pacman84
My Device: Q10 & PlayBook
Accepted Solution

How to delete app completely from my Q10?

Hi!

My bridge connection suddenly did not allow me to transfer files anymore so I decided to reinstall the BlackBerry Bridge App on my Q10. Here is what I did:

I deleted the app from my homescreen. I waited a little bit, went to BlackBerry World on my Q10 in order to re-install it. I searched for it in BBWorld but I could only click on "open". When I did that nothing happened. So I decided to go to "My World" in BB World and long-press on the icon there to either erase it completely or just de-install it. All I get is an error box saying "Error deinstalling BlackBerry Bridge". So I restarted the phone. Same problem. So I tried the deep reset or whatever it is called where you have to press the button on top of the Q10 for more than 30 seconds. I pressed it for more than one minute but all I received was a red LED and no reboot. So next thing I figured, install chrome on my pc to use that playbook/BB10 plugin and deinstall or force-install bridge from there. No chance, it does not show up in the list of apps installed. There are some processes I cannot deinstall that have "bridge" in them. I terminated them all, but to no avail.

Can anybody help me please? How can I completely delete an app if it is still shown in BlackBerry World as being installed?
-pac

Contributor
pacman84
My Device: Q10 & PlayBook

Re: How to delete app completely from my Q10?

Solution:

1. Go to BlackBery World.

2. Swipe down from the top and tap on Settings.

3. Tap on the first list item, something like "General settings" (in my German version: "Allgemein").

4. Tap on the button at the bottom "Update BlackBerry World".

This solved the problem for me.

-pac