Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
goodereader
My Device: Playbook and Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Introducing the Good e-Reader APK to BAR Convertor

Hey everyone! I am not sure you all are aware of what we're doing or not, but we have created a BB10 and QNX App Store with over 3,400 Apps. You have to sideload them all in with DDPB or the Chrome Plugin, but we have video tutorials and written guides to assist you all. We have been running it for the last year and a half (ever since the Android Runtime 2.0 update on the Playbook)

You can check it out at http://apps.goodereader.com

We have also just rolled out a new online APK to BAR Convertor. It allows you to upload an APK and automatically convert it to a BAR File. Just upload and we do the rest. http://apps.goodereader.com/apk-2-bar/

I will be checking back this post and i'll answer any questions.

Check out our blog at http://goodereader.com/blog/
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Introducing the Good e-Reader APK to BAR Convertor

Hi there!

I love the idea of your site and the service of converting APK's to BAR files. But, for one that I specifically desire, there seems to be an error -- HootSuite 2.4.9.2.

If I search from your apk-2-bar site, it shows as available, but when I try to then download it, the result is a "404". If I upload the APK file (which I have), it seems to process properly, but clicking the resulting "Download" link results in the same "404" error.

Other apps that you list on your apk-2-bar page likewise come up with this same "404" error. Instagram, Chrome, and several others all result in this error when clicked from your apk-2-bar page.

My main desire is for Hootsuite 2.4.9.2...

TIA!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
namanhams
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: NA

Re: Introducing the Good e-Reader APK to BAR Convertor

Hi goodreader,

Your tool was the best. However, recently after recovering from server down, it seems to have some issues.
If i increase the Android app version, then i still can convert, but cannot deploy to device. If i keep the same app version (but app actually changes), then somehow the tool returns me the same app.

Can you please check it ? Thanks.
Please use plain text.