Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
cmcrowell
My Device: BB Z10 - Model # STL100-4 - OS SW Rel 10.1.0.2039
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Looking for help - Company is going to Mobile Asset Management service that does not support BB - especially BB 10.

Hello,

I am looking for ideas/help. I currently have a BB Z10 (10.1.0.2039) with Verizon Wireless.  The company has a BB Enterprise Server for older devices (I previously was on that).  I bought a Z10 several months ago and have been connecting to the corporate network through Lotus Traveler. They do not have and will not implement a BB 10 Enterprise Server. Some in IT informed that if the company used the BB software they could manage all devices..... not accepted.

All my contacts, calendar, and company email is funneled to the BB Hub.....

So my company is implementing a Mobile Asset Management Service that I have to sign up for (Airwatch?).  They only support Android and IPhone.

Will future versions of the BB OS support Android Apps.... Soon (I have less than 2 weeks)

I have read where it is possible to put the device in development mode to run Android Apps.  I don't know if that will work with this and have no idea how stable the phone is in that mode. I travel internationally so I don't know how a development mode would work overseas. Any thoughts?

I like my Z10 but will need to switch to keep functionality if I can't find a work around 

Any assistance ????

Thanks for any help.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Looking for help - Company is going to Mobile Asset Management service that does not support BB - especially BB 10.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

BB10 devices have the ability to run .apk apps via special methods. Development Mode is used only for installing the app...not for normal operation. So you install (side-load) the app in Development Mode, then go back to normal mode for normal operations.

If a .bar file for the .apk app already exists somewhere, you can side load it to the BB10 device and see if it works or not. If there is not yet any .bar file, there is an app called SideSwype that can convert many .apk apps to .bar and install it to your device.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.