Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

nat2113
My Device: blackberry Z10

Missing apps

After  a 2 year of struggle blackberry comes out with new version Z 10 , but cannot understand they dont have Whats App , cannot download skype, or vonage. The reason Blackberry started loosing customers because of the above not being provided compare to I phone or other anroid phones.. question that needs to be answered by Blackberry is that people shifted to I phones not for email , but for such things as whats app, skype, vonage, and many other things . BB needs to learn that people are using their smart phones for other than just mails. I was quite disappointed after paying 1600 USD for 16 gb , i am not able to use for the reasons i want . Pl wake up blackberrry .

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Missing apps

Any slight research ahead of your purchase would have shown you that Skype and WhatsApp is not yet available. '

They are coming. No one has announced when, only that both are on the way.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1

Sorry, have to ask this:1600 USD??? For a phone you know nothing about? Is yours gold plated??
Free in the UK.

Haven't got a clue what whats app or vonage are but I feel your pain with Skype.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
mka
Contributor
mka
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Has there been anymore news on when these apps will be released for OS 10? The sideloaded version of 'Whatsapp' is driving me up the wall; as documented contacts dont sync, but I'm also having issues with switching between windows within the app, as the menu option disappeared & have to close the app and reopen to get back to the main screen, just wondering whether anybody else has experienced this?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

This is not Blackberry fault of course since blackberry provides all the nesssary tool and help for developers. It is only up to the developer if they want to make a app for blackberry10.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Many apps are available as Android side-loads, if you just can't wait...

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deean65
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

whatsupp version 2.9.3741 is installed in my Z10, and running smoothly.
have you got yours?

and today, whatsupp has upgrade to ver. 2.9.3997.0

Please use plain text.