Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
SMMS2013
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

My BB messenger in Z10 is only working over wifi while all other applications are working properly ?

[ Edited ]

Hi, I bought the Z10 three days ago and over wifi all is working prperly, once the service is activated on my mobile the only thing that is not working is my BBM messeges while calls works perfectly ?? any idea why ? and what can I do ?? noting that over wifi everything is working perfeclty.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: My BB messenger in Z10 is only working over wifi while all other applications are working properly ?

Hi there,

It sounds to me like you don't have a data plan on your phone account. I would suggest contacting your carrier to ensure that everything is set up correctly on your account and that should help.

Good luck and I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SMMS2013

Re: My BB messenger in Z10 is only working over wifi while all other applications are working properly ?

Hello, thanks a lot for your reply, I thought so too and I double checked no my plan is full services and they confirmed its working from there side.

The BBM is the basic feature that as long they activate the service its included in all three plans provided and mine is the full one and internet is workng perfectly as wel as I can call through BBM as well its only the messeges that are not orking.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Just to be thorough, can you try restarting the device? Press and hold the power button and when the numbers start popping up, release and touch the Restart icon. Does it start working after that?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SMMS2013

No :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SMMS2013

It just worked now! I didn't do anything but I got the message that they activated the service for the second time and it worked so I guess it was like you said an activation thing
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Awesome, glad to hear!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MagicManuzi
My Device: bb z10

Hi i have a different problem. Everything works fine but when i connect to wifi, my bb services stop working. Cant use bbm and the bb icon dissapears.

Any ideas???
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

I'm not sure why this is happening for you MagicManuzi, but is this a problem on different wifi networks? If you haven't tried yet, try to connect to a different wifi network. Do you have any issues then?

My initial guess is that your BlackBerry is trying to access a specific port on your wifi network to send the data to the BlackBerry data network, and the firewall on your router may be blocking access to that port.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MagicManuzi
My Device: bb z10

thanks for the prompt reply,

i have tried manu different wifi networks and its still the same problem. funny thing is when i take my sim out and connect to wifi network, it all works fine on wifi but obviously i dont have sim init. its driving me nuts!

Please use plain text.