Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

j2j
New Contributor
j2j
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: mtn-nigeria

PICTURES WONT OPEN VIA PICTURES ICON

Good Day fellow BB10 users,

Just recently got a problem with my 1month old bb z10, i cant acces my pictures thru the pictures icon in the screen. im running in the newly downloaded os 10.2.0.424

please  help me im new the the blackberry world. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: PICTURES WONT OPEN VIA PICTURES ICON

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness shows up, the first thing to try is a proper reboot:

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. If this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.

See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
j2j
New Contributor
j2j

Thanks for the warm welcome sir sdgardne

regarding your  instruction below, i follow it twice per instruction but still it didint solve the issue.

please help me

thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Please expand on "pictures wont open" and "cant access pictures"...from those words, it's not possible to understand the exact steps you take, the exact results you expect, nor the exact result you are experiencing. Please be detailed and explicit...remember, we can't see you nor your device...we have only your words to help us understand your situation, which is required before we can give useful advice.

Thanks and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
j2j
New Contributor
j2j

good day sir,

i can view pictures via file manager one by one BUT the shortcut default icon for Pictures on screen can not open my pictures stored in device/memory card.

if i click the shortcut icon on screen without any background app that is minimize and running it will just open/close with just a blink of an eye.

if i click the shotrcut icon on screen with some app running in background or just minimize it will open the app on the top left /or the last app minimize.

hope i made the problem clear to be solve.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, that sort of helps...but I need some clarifications...

j2j wrote:

i can view pictures via file manager one by one BUT the shortcut default icon for Pictures on screen can not open my pictures stored in device/memory card.

"shortcut default icon"...hmmm...I'm thinking you mean the actual icon that launches the "Pictures" app...it's not really a shortcut per se, but an icon that launches an app, and the app is a viewer for the pictures stored on your device.

j2j wrote:

if i click the shortcut icon on screen without any background app that is minimize and running it will just open/close with just a blink of an eye.

if i click the shotrcut icon on screen with some app running in background or just minimize it will open the app on the top left /or the last app minimize.

Well, that actually now sounds like a much bigger problem. The app itself is not launching correctly...which is very much a different issue than I was thinking it was from your earlier information. Since you've already tried the reboot, the next thing I'd suggest is that you assume that something went wrong with the OS update you did, and it is not installed cleanly to your device. Consequently, a reload of your OS would be the recommended course of action. You should also consider a reload without a restore...just in case something in your backup is what is causing the issue.
Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
j2j
New Contributor
j2j

good day sdgardne

i just did a Secure Wipe action  :Eek: and it ok now :Clap:

thanks for the time sir sdgardne

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm glad that worked! You are most welcome.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
david_nguyen2807
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Harvey Norman

Dear Sdgardne,

I've recently updated my z10 software 10.2.0.424 and had exactly same problems as the user. I cannot view my pictures via 'Pictures' Viewer. When I open it, there is only a black sreen with 3 buttons (Recent, Date and Albums) nothing else. However, I'm totally able to view each picture via File Manager.

I already tried to boost, restart, shut down, take the battery out of the device and even Secure Wipe, but it doesn't work. Still have the same problems.

What should I do? Please help!!

Thank you very much,

David.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Hello,

david_nguyen2807 wrote:

Dear Sdgardne,

I've recently updated my z10 software 10.2.0.424 and had exactly same problems as the user. I cannot view my pictures via 'Pictures' Viewer. When I open it, there is only a black sreen with 3 buttons (Recent, Date and Albums) nothing else. However, I'm totally able to view each picture via File Manager.

I already tried to boost, restart, shut down, take the battery out of the device and even Secure Wipe, but it doesn't work. Still have the same problems.

What should I do? Please help!!

Thank you very much,

David.

Given what you describe and have already tried, your next attempt would be an OS reload, of varying levels of severity. First, make sure you have a full and complete LINK backup, but also including manually copying all of your Device and Media card data to a computer (note carefully...NOT via Link), manually tracking your integrated accounts and all credentials, etc...the most severe method of attempted recovery involves no backup/restore, so you need to have everything available to you just as if the device was brand new out of the box.

The first method to try is a straight OS reload via LINK and/or the official Update website:

If that does not cure the problem, then you proceed to a more stringent method:

1. On-device WIPE
  2. OS Reload via AutoLoader
  3. On-device WIPE
  4. NO RESTORE from the LINK backup

See if that cures it. You also might want to consider the more recent OS level....424 is not the latest. When you find the AutoLoaders, you should be able to find one for the latest.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.