Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
goster48
My Device: Z10

PODCASTS APP CRASHING Z10

Had a few exchanges with the developer.  He know some folks are having big problems with latest version of app on the Z10.  The app not only hangs, but it also causes the entire Z10 to crash and go into reboot cycle.  This is bad!  Developer does not know how to fix it, and refuses to post a note alerting potential app buyers to the problem.  Worse yet, I'm pretty certain he is even yanking bad reviews off of AppWorld.

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: PODCASTS APP CRASHING Z10

Hey goster48,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Is the BlackBerry Z10 still not working now? If it is, please follow these steps:

1. Open BlackBerry Link.
  2. Ensure the computer is connected to the Internet.
  3. Power off the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
  4. Connect the device to the computer.
  5. When the device button is available on the bottom of the BlackBerry Link window, click it.
  6. Click the Reload button.

Please note: This will erase all data off the BlackBerry Z10 but it will resolve the issue.  If you can create a backup of the data, I would suggest doing so.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
goster48

The app does not seem to have corrupted the Z10 OS. That's not the issue. What gets me fried is the fact that the developer.is.aware of the problem, does not know how to fix it, is still taking money from folks on BlackBerry Appworld without issuing a warning, and is pulling bad reviews off. Mine was never posted despite being posted twice and I saw another two bad reviews mysteriously disappear from one day to the next. Of course, the good reviews stay. Doesn't BlackBerry have some way to discipline rogue developers who don't play fair? Practices like this can hurt the reputation of BlackBerry Appworld if the accuracy of reviews cannot be trusted.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hi goster48,

are you referring to this app?
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20399861/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
goster48

Yes!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

if I asked you, would you be able to provide accurate information about the review you posted and that was never published?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
goster48

Yes. I also could send the entire email exchange I had with the developer in which he acknowledges the problem, says that others are having it too, and that he does it know how to fix it.
Contributor
goster48

Will you be getting back to me? I am absolutely convinced all is not right here. He admits that some foks are experiencing problems--yet everyone gives him 5 stars and glowing reviews. Give me a break! If you believe that I have a bridge I want to sell you. Plus the two reviews I posted somehow got lost in hyperspace. I don't know this developer and have nothing against him, but BlackBerry needs to monitor and police stuff like this.
Contributor
goster48

Can you tell me why this problem is marked as "solved"?  Thanks.

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hi goster48,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

With regards to the developer removing the negative reviews, this is out of our control.  If you did purchase the application and it is affecting the performance of your BlackBerry Z10 and the developer is aware of it.  You can submit this form for a refund and someone will be in contact with you: https://www.blackberry.com/technicalsupport/index.do?ft=generic

I appreciate your patience and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!