Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Maret61
My Device: Q10 white

Sanity or similar app for BB Q10?

Hello, I am new to this community and don't even have my BB yet [hopefully in a few days] but I am already looking for apps and reading manuals and so on. On my Android device [yes, I am switching :Yes: ] I have an app called Sanity which helps me when I turn off my phone to let some people through no matter what. So my son and daughter can always reach me, even if my phone is on quiet mode. 
Is there a similar app for the Blackberry that will do that for me, since I looked and looked but couldn't find any.

Please :Helpsmilie:

Greetz
Maret

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Sanity or similar app for BB Q10?

the profile management on the Q10 is not on par with what is available on the Bold 9900, but I think you can do exactly that.

On the Q10, you can choose a profile for your night.
1) On that profile, you can set the ringer for phone calls to be a void ringtone.
2) and in the contacts apps, for your daughter and your son, you can set a specific ringtone.

the impact is that when you use that night profile :
for your son & daughter, the phone will ring with their specific ringtone
for other callers, the phone will technically ring, but with a blank tone.

the impact when you use another profile:
the overriding ringtones will also apply for your son & daughter.

There is just one thing I am not sure of:
it seems that with the current OS, you cannot create a custom profile. You have to use an existing one.
If I had to do what I wrote above, there would be the "normal" profile for daylife
and the "phone only" profile for night life (= only for daughter & son)
and the other profiles are not relevant for your need (vibrate only / silent / all off).

I hope someone who needs such configuration has tried it and can confirm / infirm my post.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: