Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
sandrosem
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Shazam

Hello Everyone,

I cannot find Shazam application on Blackberry Z10..anyone knows when and if it will be available? Also a number of applications I used to have on my blackberry bold 9700 are missing in the Z10 or are not as good as they were. Is this normal?? Is it because the Z10 has just been realised? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deviance
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Shazam

Well yeah you pretty much got it. I would imainge that it is exactly how you said it - some of the applications that you had before will take a bit to get over to the Z10 because it is a completely new operating system. 

I was also looking for Shazam as well and didn't find it. However, I tried sideloading it and it wasn't functioning - oh well. Anyways, you can try sideloading some of the apps (if the .bar files are available somewhere) in the mean time until the official ones are released (hopefully in the near future).

Cheers.

~d

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sandrosem
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Thanks for your quick reply. Do you know how to sideload the apps??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deviance
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Three UK

Please note that I don't believe that you will be "covered" (in terms of official support) if you run into problems having sideloaded an app. If you do, you might just have to do a factory reset on your device - ie. you'd lose all your data (contacts etc.). However, I've tried like a dozen apps or so and never had any problems. Any apps that don't work after you install them are easily removed with DDPB.

CB has a guide on sideloading.

Cheers,

~d.

Please use plain text.