Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
leeanneflank
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Tbaytel

Re: Skype for BBz10

I really do support blackberry and hope they continue to do well, that's the only way we'll see more from them. I feel like having the blackberry Z10 brings a feeling of class with it, it's more than a fancy social media tool I view other smartphones to be.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leeanneflank

Has anyone had battery life issues, I know someone who's battery only lasts half a day, and she is not even really using it much?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

There are lots of battery life posts on this forum. :smileyhappy: battery life could certainly is better after the last release, but it could also get better. :smileyhappy:

As for mobile banking, does your bank not have a mobile website? Simply put a link to it on your desktop. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Captrfsella
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi, to answer the question, one way, is take the Nokia windows phone and go to www.faceflow.com and register, log in and invite a friend you know . Go from there..  How I approached this, is my wife's Z10 as I'm waiting for my Z to arrive. I have a Torch BB9810.

First I went on my PC registered, while my wife did her F F app on the Z10, there she registered using the Z10, I had to use the PC, from there we invited each other, connected and had a great time playing with Video Chat..

This said.. if it does not work in the Nokia, try using the browser, on it., if not, then your down to PC and WebCam , the Z10 user will find it works fine and easy.. I found that it is very clean and smooth on the Z10

Enjoy

Ric

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fresh_Squid
My Device: None
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for your reply leeanneflank. I think im going to wait on the bb for a bit. see if the can build on their apps library.

Im just a little concerned about some of the other issues Ive been hearing about, like contacts disapearing and sending and recieving email problems. Did you have any problems setting up your email accounts.?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leeanneflank

I have never had any contacts disappear, though when transferring contacts for someone from a bold 9900 to a z10 not all of them transferred, that's all I've heard of that. My emails synced fine. I actually found it very easy. For my work email it automatically filled in all the settings. Gmail and my work imap email, the only thing was that email I already had in my folders didn't sync, I think putting them back into my inbox and filing them from blackberry might help though I haven't looked into it much.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Captrfsella

:Cowboy:  Been using the Z10 for 3 solid weeks, have 4 email accounts and 400 pictures on, 275 contacts, Facebook and more.. I'm on the AT&T system.. my phone is factory unlocked., purchase outright.. in case your wondering how I could be n AT&T when they just started taking orders and selling this week..

I have not had one problem with Emails, Txt, Facebook, etc..  Do you have a STL100-3 or -1, OS 10.0.10.88? You should not be having these issues...

I have found the Z10  OS platform to be solid, to date. As well with a few apps that I have loaded.. I would persue these issues with BB support.. I found that they are very much behind Your Success with you Z10, they understand the importance of a satisfied BB owner..

Best, Enjoy

Ric :Detective:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
anitasteffenberg
My Carrier: ORANGE

Yep they were so dumb to release it without Skype, they must have lost a huge amount of sales because of this
Please use plain text.
Contributor
anitasteffenberg
My Carrier: ORANGE

Yep they were so dumb to release it without Skype, they must have lost a huge amount of sales because of this. However saying this BlackBerry z10 is a fantastic phone
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Captrfsella

Ask Yourself, if you had a choice, between waiting until Skype makes the app for Z10 delaying Z10 to be in your hands or having the Z10 now and Waiting till Skype releases the App? I think I know the answer? I do for myself.. Remember there is Dumb and Dumber.. . Being a Z owner yourself I'm sure your not either of those.. :smileyhappy::smileyhappy: Enjoy Ric
Please use plain text.