Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
arielz
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Software update

I just keep getting software update 4 time for the same up date ?????

it for the battery life

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Software update

Hello,

From that limited detail, here are some guesses...

1) There actually are multiple different updates, but they just happen to have the same OS level indication. This happens often, especially as the carrier updates those things that are carrier/radio specific.

2) After the update, you delete some of the core add-on apps (e.g., FourSquare, Newsstand, etc.)...doing that causes those components to be "re-pushed" out to your BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arielz

thank you

yes i did deleted some apps

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Then that explains it. Contrary to prior methods (where only shortcuts were forced upon us), it seems that some full apps are being forced to be installed, regardless of if we want them or not.

But the solution remains the same as before...either use an empty homescreen pane or create a "junk" homescreen folder, and move all of those pesky things into that.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arielz

i will do that  junk  folder

and thank you

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are welcome.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.