Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Third Party PC Outlook Sync app, and accompanying BB10Sync PC software

[ Edited ]

http://rapidberry.net/two-way-outlook-sync-with-blackberry-10-devices/
For above link takes you to an article that details a paid for two way sync Outlook software solution for BB10 users. I do not regard the paid for solution to be acceptable and would hold BlackBerry to their promise of a two way sync solution through link for both PC and Mac users (solution only works for PCs). Why should we pay for something that should have been available for free with the original software!

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Tigershark24 wrote:
Why should we pay for something that should have been available for free with the original software!

You shouldn't. It's a suggestion for those who want it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

I thought that's what I said? I posted so that people have the option if they can't wait for a free solution. Have no doubt though that this app and others produced to plug holes on the BB 10 OS do serious harm to BlackBerry's reputation. As you and others can see from the posts on this and other sites people are making unfavourable decisions about BlackBerry. The company needs to get real about customer service or face the consequences.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JMBMichell
My Carrier: Virgin

Oh and multiple text messaging without being charged as a multimedia message.  That was an expensive surprise!!

Please use plain text.
JSanders

I don't think that's what you said. You said "Why should we pay for something that should have been available for free with the original software!"

You don't have to pay for something as a solution. It is a choice.

I think BlackBerry is ALREADY facing the consequences of not having had this two-way sync at the launch and outset of the Z10. There is disatisfaction and bad consumer press and I am sure it is in in someway affecting sales and/or returns.

I personally warned top BlackBerry executives two months before the launch that the the wired USB sync to Outlook was critical and leaving that feature out would result in many many unhappy customers.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

Thanks for re enforcing my comments. I can understand that some apps will need update to work on the BB10 environment but Outlook sync was a given and I am surprised that BlackBerry messed up so spectacularly and continue to do so by not providing information to customers.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

I can't disagree with you on that, alone.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24

Just to confirm the first part of my post. I provided the solution, the rest was comment and we seem to agree on the issue.
http://rapidberry.net/two-way-outlook-sync-with-blackberry-10-devices/
For above link takes you to an article that details a paid for two way sync Outlook software solution for BB10 users.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

JSanders us quite right. BlackBerry were warned about wired sync with Outlook before the launch.

Let's hope they get this sorted out quickly.

PJCMoray
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Tigershark24 wrote:
Why should we pay for something that should have been available for free with the original software!

This is not the case here, but even if it were, I see no problem in that. It is a matter on how the customer is treated, and a choice to be made by each provider.

And you are forgetting the other part of the money thing.

In the past you had to buy a specific BlackBerry data plan in addition to your internet plan. This is not the case anymore. And this concerns 100% of the Z10 owners.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.