Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
vanito
My Device: Z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info Jerry, very helpful.

I have set up via the Hotmail route and it works extremely well and withought me having to do anything or plug anything in, so that is good.

I have doubts about the security however, but at least it is a fix for now and the Z10 can stay for a while.

(I may even get used to its slow copy and paste function...)

Trusted Contributor
PJCMoray
My Device: Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q10

Forget rthis link! I tried it three months ago under tha auspices of Companion Link and it fid not synchronise Calendar.

I have just paid another US$24.99 to download the version proposed by your link and this has exactly the same fault. IT DOES NOT SYNCHRONISE CALENDAR EVENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you owe me US$24.99!!

Roll on the BB update to their own synchronise programme.

PJCMoray

Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10

I am a new BlackBerry user moving to the Z10 from the iphone 4S. I like most customers did not have access to BlackBerry executives. So what I went on was reputation. BlackBerry has the reputation as the company that does email and messenger best. In particular Outlook sync was a good selling point. There where also other reasons for moving to BlackBerry that have not materialised but I have stuck with the company.

The Z10 is an excellent device and I am pleased that improvements are on the way that will fix bugs and add functionality. I

I could not fail the number of bitterly disappointed BlackBerry customers who unwittingly upgraded to the Z10 in innocent ignorance of the lack of two way Outlook sync.

This forum is a good way (the only way for most) to communicate our dissatisfaction with the way that BlackBerry treats customers. I fear that with the launch of the Q10 the number of customers impacted by the two way sync issue will be exponentially greater. BlackBerry will either lose orders or have a higher return rate from small business customers.

A timely fix through the Link software will solve the problem for sure but at the least an update on progress is in order.