Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
umieja
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

WeChat cannot be downloaded for Z10

Please help me how to download it. I need it badly. Thank you.
Contributor
devil426

Re: WeChat cannot be downloaded for Z10

Maybe if you give little more details will help other understand your problem and offer help.
New Contributor
umieja

Hi..thank you. I just wondering why each time i try to download WeChat, a message " it is not available for this device" appears. I just can't believe this so-so sophisticated handphone does not have this aplication. whereas those cheap phones from china do have it. I just want to know whether wechat is really not available for Z10 or may be i myself do not know how to download it..pls help me.
Contributor
devil426

Hi umieja, I think I know the problem, same happen when we try to upgrade or download twitter native APP, red letter show same message you got. This is two solution:
1. Your OS version is lower than Wechat BB10 version requested, which need 10.2.0 at least;
2. If yoyr version is above 10.2.0, then problem is wechat is restrict in your area, which I hardly think so. but just in case, you can try following step: switch off mobile service (include deta and voice service), then use WIFI connect to a working VPN, then try download again.
New Contributor
umieja

Hi Devil426,
I guess you are right, may be i should upgrade my OS into 10.2.0. Actually i am just new with Z10. After read few complaints and comments about the problems occur after sofware ugraded, i am too worry that i might facing with the same problem. Do you ever had any problem after upgrade your OS version? I just wanna share others experience before i upgrade my OS version. By the way thank you so much for your explanation.
Contributor
devil426

Hi Umieja, for me after upgrade has little problem as always when we use OS6, but the problem won't affect use, might affect some APPs, right now I am using 10.2.1.1055, native wechat won't work, but android version works just fine, which thanks BB in 10.2.1.1055 you can install apk directly.
I am not use many APPs like others do, so my problem is very tiny after upgrade to 10.2.0 or 10.2.1, as always, carefully read the instruction before you upgrade to leak version.
New Contributor
umieja

Hi devil426,
Well, i just upgrade the OS into 10.2.0.415 and the WeChat works well..thank you very much for sharing your experience which is very useful to me. (may b i shouldn't call u "devil" hahaha...by the way , Have a nice day :smileyhappy: