Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Reply
Forums Advisor III
drewread
Posts: 1,035
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

WhatsApp is available..

A million people have asked.. and here it is:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2360

WhatsApp for the masses..
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
Posts: 1,402
Registered: ‎04-19-2011
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: WhatsApp is available..

Installed it to see what it was all about, it looks nice but how do you add/invite any body, there is no where that I can see to do this, and the contact screen is blank 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
Posts: 1,151
Registered: ‎03-24-2011
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: WhatsApp is available..

I think it automatically go through your address book and adds everyone that is already using whats app. Go to Favorites and click refresh.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
Posts: 1,402
Registered: ‎04-19-2011
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: WhatsApp is available..


Teaboy1748 wrote:
I think it automatically go through your address book and adds everyone that is already using whats app. Go to Favorites and click refresh.

I did the refresh in every screen in this program, and nothing is showing 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
Posts: 1,035
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
My Device: Z10

Re: WhatsApp is available..

It seems to work by mobile number. If a contact in your address book has a number registered with WhatsApp it should show up in 'Favs'
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
Posts: 1,402
Registered: ‎04-19-2011
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: WhatsApp is available..


drewread wrote:
It seems to work by mobile number. If a contact in your address book has a number registered with WhatsApp it should show up in 'Favs'

But it still does not tell me how to add any contact to the program

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
Posts: 1,035
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
My Device: Z10

Re: WhatsApp is available..

Once you have a contact that registers with WhatsApp, I believe they will flip to your Favs from 'contacts.'

 

I'll try to confirm this shortly.

 

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
Posts: 1,402
Registered: ‎04-19-2011
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: WhatsApp is available..


drewread wrote:

Once you have a contact that registers with WhatsApp, I believe they will flip to your Favs from 'contacts.'

 

I'll try to confirm this shortly.

 


I am not asking about the favorites, I am asking how do you add or invite any one into the program 

 

Before I can add any one to the favorites, I must first add some one to the program, and how do you do this.?

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
Posts: 1,035
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
My Device: Z10

Re: WhatsApp is available..

The app looks through your contacts (on the blackberry) and adds then all to 'Contacts' in WhatsApp. If the contact contains a number that is registered to WhatsApp, then it moves that person to 'Favs'. 'Favs' seem to be your WhatsApp contacts.

If you swipe down and chose about, there will be a link to the WhatsApp faq/help. Maybe more answers lie inside there? :smileywink:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
Posts: 1,402
Registered: ‎04-19-2011
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: WhatsApp is available..


drewread wrote:
The app looks through your contacts (on the blackberry) and adds then all to 'Contacts' in WhatsApp. If the contact contains a number that is registered to WhatsApp, then it moves that person to 'Favs'. 'Favs' seem to be your WhatsApp contacts.

If you swipe down and chose about, there will be a link to the WhatsApp faq/help. Maybe more answers lie inside there? :smileywink:

I tried the help, but that open a web site, and since the Hubble telescope is not available, I can not read it 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.