Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Re: WhatsApp is available..

No problem Martin :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

@martin, I guess they leverage the local contact app so as not to duplicate two lists exactly the same on the device. And it also means that it isn't in the 'cloud' either... :smileyhappy:
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

drewread wrote:
@martin, I guess they leverage the local contact app so as not to duplicate two lists exactly the same on the device. And it also means that it isn't in the 'cloud' either... :smileyhappy:

I prefer to keep my contacts separated for each program and use, people I chat with are not those I will call or e-mail 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Fair enough. :smileyhappy:

My only gripe is no hub integration.. I would have liked to see that leveraged just like Facebook, Twitter, etc... especially after the wait. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv

Dear Drewread

I have only just got a reply from What'sApp yesterday and they said that they are working on it and it has not been produced as yet.

I just tried your link and am getting the error page that the item is not available still.

What'sApp will work at sorting it out.

I have lots of important apps including ones I have paid for and most of them are not compatible.

Barclays Mobile, Pinget, Lloydes Bank, SnapShot, Skype, DocsToGoPDF, PFD Creator, RecycleBinContacts To Excel - Professional Edition - Backup And Rest, Email Spam Filter Pro - Advanced Spam Filter app for Black,Easy Smiley Pack Pro Upgrade,  Units of Measurement Professional, Thermometer - The Accurate Room Thermometer.

Just to list just a few

:Cool2:

JTV

JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook

jtv wrote:

Dear Drewread

I have only just got a reply from What'sApp yesterday and they said that they are working on it and it has not been produced as yet.

I just tried your link and am getting the error page that the item is not available still.

What'sApp will work at sorting it out.

I was just going to ask the same thing, tried searching for it on Blackberry World, but none of the search results came up with the app. Tried typing the enter URL into my browser and finding it that way, it took me to Blackberry World to the app page, but there was no way to download it and was advised at the top of my screen that the app is 'unavailable for your device'.

Is this a recent issue that cropped up or am I missing something?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The APIs required (for any third party app) are not yet released by BlackBerry for using the Hub integration.

Perhaps WhatsApp will be updated if and when that occurs. But for now, it won't be real soon.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

According to the CrackBerry press release here: "The app is rolling out over the next few hours, so if you don't see it available for your device just yet - check back in a bit."

So it may not yet be available in your area. Feel free to Tweet the developers and ask them when it will be in your area, or use the 'contact developer' link in appworld to get ahold of them and ask.

Some are suggesting it may be related to the OS version you currently have on your phone, that is unconfirmed so be sure to ask about that too. :smileyhappy:

It is definately running on mine though:

Whatsapp_about.png

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

JSanders wrote:

The APIs required (for any third party app) are not yet released by BlackBerry for using the Hub integration.

Perhaps WhatsApp will be updated if and when that occurs. But for now, it won't be real soon.

Interesting, I wonder how Twitter got the rights to use those APIs... From the voices on the net one would think that WhatsApp probably has the clout to get in there too..

Oh well, we wait then for the app to become 'useful' :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Twitter was developed with internal RIM assistance. Quite different.

I would ask that you not start this questioning my every statement, again. That game has been played out.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.