Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: WhatsApp is available..

[ Edited ]

What'sApp is supposed to allow you to send pictures and videos free as you are charge when sending a text, what'sapp take that cost away.

JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bskitmor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

More on Whatsapp contacts!  There are a quite a few complaints on the BlackberryWorld review tab about Whatsapp contacts disappearing after a z10 reboot.  This seems to be partly true -- the current BB10 version of Whtasapp seems to want to validate its contact list by repopulating it from scratch after a device restart.  The repopulation process takes about 30 secs and after that my Whatsapp "Favorites" reappear and we are back in business.  I tested our iPhone Whatsapp and this contacts recovery process is not evident after a restart.  I am OK with the BB10 Whatsapp "R1" behaviour for now (it's actually very stable ignoring the gaps!) but there is room for improvement going forward...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
4MATA
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Albania

I downloaded WA and it works just fine. The only thing that's not working is that the red led light does not blink and the red star on thw WA icon does not show when sb texts me in WA. Any tips?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bskitmor

Just tested from iPhone to BB10 and it works OK -- try Settings>Notifications>Other Applications -- Whatsapp should be in the list then you can make your alert choices for WA.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
4MATA
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Albania

Thanks, works fine
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv

Dear bskitmor

Please give me some more details, this is such an needed item.

Please 

JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bskitmor

OK I'll try:

Swipe down on the z10 "Home" screen (the one with all the application icons) to expose the main menu -- main has a bunch of selections:smileyfrustrated:ettings, Rotation Lock, Bluetooth etc.  Pick "Settings" to expose the "System Settings" menu, and select the 3rd item in the list "Notifications".  This opens the "Notifications" page -- if you scroll down to the bottom of this page you should see an entry entitled "Other Applications".  Hit "Other Applications" and hopefully you get a whole list of apps starting with Blackberry World -- WhatsApp should be the last item listed.  Click on Whatsapp and you will get a bunch of notiification options exposed  -- on/off for Sound, Vibrate and the LED: then you can set your preferences for WhatsApp!

Hope this helps (pictures would be better!)

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
jtv

Dear bskitmor

Thank you for your help, though it has help to install what'sapp, but it's not the updsate, it is actully getting the download is my problem.

When I go to bb app world, I cannot find the app for my BB Z10, but thanks for trying.

JTValerie
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bskitmor

Good luck -- maybe it's your wireless provider that's the problem.  No problem here (Canada/Rogers) --- maybe your cell prider's help desk can assist?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kamil_nieznany
My Carrier: Polkomtel

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I read your post that WhatsApp is available for BB Z10.

Sure, it is, but I do not know why I get messege that on my BB Z10 WhatsApp Messenger Unavailable for this device.

Even when I try to install it from Blackberry Webstore my BB try to download this application but after few seconds get new message: "A network error has occured while processing your request. Please ensure you have sufficient network coverage and try again"

I have got full coverege, maximum signal and active internet access.

Don't know what to do. Pls help!

Please use plain text.