Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
khurley
My Device: Z10

Whatsapp

Am i missing something? They specifically annouced whatsapp, amongst other apps as being supported. 

Cant see any sign of it? 

Anyone?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Whatsapp

What problem are you having with "What's Up"? I have it on my PlayBook for a year and it works great. It gets a signal from the GPS and gives you the sky in that location. You have to be outside fir the GPS to get the signal from the satellites. It will take a new PlayBook about 15 minutes to get a location fix within 1 meter. After that whenever you go outside in a different location it will give you that view of the sky.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

He's talking about Whatsapp, not What's Up.

Some of the announced apps are "coming" and not available yet. Skype is also "coming" but not yet available.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NJZ10

I believe the word being used is "committed".

Not available yet.  Perhaps by US launch.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
khurley

She is talking about whatsapp :-)

Yes and thank you, confirmed - basically watch this space. There ar e alot of apps which arent out, usch as MSN etc

I know MSN has given up, as apparently they want everyone to use skype, but at the moment i use it as do a lot of people I know. I would download IM but it is over priced and also flakey! 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Hello Khurley,

Please keep in mind that the Windows Live Messenger service will be stopped by Microsoft on Mach 31st (except in China).
All subscribers will be required to migrate their accounts to skype.

I have already made the shift, and I contact my MSN friends through Skype.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
khurley

Hey Xandrex

Yeah I am aware of that regards the Skype etc, but that doesnt exist either.. My comment was more there is no way of connecting using your msn at present. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
wantoun
My Device: P'9982 & Z10

It's not officially released yet.

I sideloaded the Android version, and it's working fine. I get push notifications, Group Chats, send pictures and stuff... the only problem is that it doesn't detect your contacts so you have to rely on your chat's profile pic to know who that person is :smileyhappy:
Wadi
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
motijungreis
My Device: z10

how did u download the android version? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
wantoun
My Device: P'9982 & Z10

[ Edited ]

I don't really remember, but I posted the bar file here: Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

You can just go ahead and sideload it.

Wadi
Please use plain text.