Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Windows Live Messenger

I was shocked to see this application was created for our BB OS10, the Windows Live Messenger and I could not sign in, due to the fact that Skype is now where the messenger is directed.

So why is it in our library.

JTValerie
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Windows Live Messenger

Hello  JTV,

Thank you for your question regarding Window Live Messenger on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

Microsoft is migrating WLM users to Skype, but the WLM BlackBerry application will continue to be available and operational until advised otherwise. What happens when you attempt to login? Are you running a 10.1 version of device software?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Developer
Developer
jtv

Dear FozzieBear

Thank you for your reply.
I found out it is still functioning after attempting the second time. I believed it was going to close with all the rush to update Skype of which I already have two accounts in.

Yes I have the Z10 and the update 10.1.0.237 came, which made me look to find Skype for my phone, in the process Windows Live was found and I got the temptation to test it.

Both now work fine thank you FozzieBear

Yours sincerely
JT Valerie
JTValerie
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

the Windows Live Messenger service is supposed to be blocked for all countries except China (because there is a branding dispute with another Chinese company named Skype, and the Microsoft app).
But it seems that several people outside China are still able to use WLM.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer
Developer
jtv

Yes Xandrex

I was shocked that I was able to download and install that item and it being still active, though I have both that and my Skype accounts now working.
JTValerie