Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mevyz10
My Device: z10

Z10 photos deleted..Recovery??

I had 700 pictures in my phone and all have been erased. I have not deleted any myself...have no idea how? Is there anyway that I could possibly recover them? Please help..

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 photos deleted..Recovery??

Hey mevyz10,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Without a backup of the photos we will not be able to restore them.  Have you checked on your computer to see if you have a copy of these photos?

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mevyz10
My Device: z10

Hi

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, I didn't back my phone up as they were my holiday pictures and I only returned recently. However on storage and access it states 17.8mb memory for pictures? Does that mean there is still some hope of recovering them?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

where did you save your pictures? On your internal memory or on the SDcard ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Do00minic00
My Device: Blackberry Curve

[ Edited ]

Have you stored all your photos on the memory card of this phone?

If you have, you can directly try to restore all your 700 pictures with the help of data recovery tools, as long as these deleted pictures are not overwritten by anything else. So, what you need right now is to stop using this phone and select a proper data recovery program to go on.

Of course, if you know nothing about similar tools, you can firstly take chances with some reliable free data recovery tools like 4Card Recovery, iCare Data Recovery Free, Recuva and TestDisk, etc.

But, unfortunately, your pictures are not saved on the memory card. I am sorry. It is always difficult for you to get these photos that have been stored in phone memory.

Note: You should never be so careless again and always back up all important data on at least two hard drives or memory cards in the future.

Please use plain text.