Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

looking for an app for a credit card reader

Looking for an app to use a credit card reader such as the square register for the Z10. Or any ohter credit card reader.

I've been a faithful Blackberry user for over 6 years, I hope that I don't regret buying this new phone last June. Verizon tried to talk me out of buying a Blackberry. So far I have been dis-appointed in this phone. 

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: looking for an app for a credit card reader

[ Edited ]

I don't know of any in BBWorld. If you update your device to the latest OS you can download the Square application for Android. I downloaded it and it does seem to run. I don't know about the headphones interface, though. You'd have to try it and see.

In order to install Android apk files you just need an app. The easiest to install is 1Mobile at 1Mobile.com. Install the Android version from there and then you can install other Android apps using that app.

A better app for getting android apps is called Snap. It has to be sideloaded but is a BlackBerry10 app and is very smooth and easy to use. Looks just like BBWorld but for android apps. The bar file can be downloaded from crackberry.com. A Google search will bring it right up.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Z10

Hey guys get ducks in order, I'm a small business owner, I need smooth native apps or built in's that help make money for me, your voice recognition is terrible at best for my Z10, especially when my job relies heavily on making hands free calls to clients, my old 9900 worked well when you had to say numerous commands to adapt to your voice or am I not seeing that this phone does this as well, if so why do I have find it!? As well, I like others are faithful early adapters to BlackBerry, but now, getting impatient as a other devices and OS's are becoming more appealing.
The new Square Card reader is a very good example that you should be working with them aggressively, this simplifying product is excellent for small businesses who provide mobile services, it will explode into adaptation for this sector, do not suggest an android app for use, otherwise I'll make it simpler and just get the android device instead, this solution benefits blackberry how? And if I am the rare one with this sentiment I apologize, but if I representative of a population that matters take it seriously...what do you do with this information? Remember when you start to get a bitter taste, you tend to never again, does blackberry care, show me, do not tell me!
PS/ if you get where the future is going most business are going to move to 2 devices for employees and owner operators that have partial integration, and the only thing that keeps you BlackBerry afloat is the "sense" of security is use, the second device will be for social and leisure...think about it.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I don't work for BlackBerry. This is a peer to peer resources as described at the top of every page.

BlackBerry cannot control what 3rd party developers or companies decide to support their operating system. They can lobby and try but there are literally hundreds of thousands of companies and developers, well, and millions of apps to support.

I merely made a suggestion to the OP yet you're blasting it as not working even though you haven't tried it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!