Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
pwegesen
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

new facebook app fail

I downloaded the new facebook app yesterday. It did allow us to chose our settings for the News Feed. I always choose "most recent posts".

Unfortunately, the new facebook app doesn't allow for the same option for Timelines.

On my Q10, my Timeline showed a post from 3 days ago (an eternity in the smartphone era) on the top of my Timeline. That is NOT my most recent post.

I noticed the same from my friend's Timeline.She posts everyday, yet I see a 12-day old post of top of her Timeline when seeing it on the Q10!  That's not the case on the desktop version of facebook!

As a customer I DEMAND that we be allowed to chose our Timeline settings. I ALWAYS want to see the most recent posts on top.  Allowing us that option is a sign of respect.

I hope Black Berry and facebook fix this immediately!

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: new facebook app fail

I don't believe Facebook gives any setting for timeline sort order. BlackBerry doesn't control this app, Facebook does.

Demand it from Zuckerberg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
pwegesen

When I was working at Macys and a customer was upset about a product, we were NOT allowed to use snappy comebacks like "demand it from Ralph Lauren" or "demand it from Micheal Kors"

You know why? Because that is not good customer service.

We were trained to say "i'm sorry, we will let the managers know"

THAT is what customer service is.

I'm sure that is what your competitors (ie Apple, SamSung) train their employees too.

I hope BlackBerry can provide the same customer service.

Sincerely,
BlackBerry customer
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I don't work for BlackBerry. If you want that support you must contact your carrier and ask to be escalated to BlackBerry Support. This forum is a peer to peer resource. It said that in the terms and conditions you acknowledged when you signed up and it says it at the top of every page of this site.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
John_Clark

This has been fixed and a new version is available in the Beta Zone.

www.blackberry.com/beta
New Contributor
pwegesen

Thank you very much!