Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
Accepted Solution

purpose of battery app

Hi. I'm new to this community forum. I would like to know the pros & cons in installing battery apps that are offered in BlackBerry world. I know there are details and reviews in each app. But my question is, is this app essential? Thanks in advance for anyone who will share their views on this.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: purpose of battery app

Is it essential?  Absolutely not.  Having a battery app will give you useful information such as how much power you have left, temperature of the battery, if the battery is charging correctly, etc.  I've never used such an app and I've survived this long.

Since you use the Z10, I suggest getting the battery charging bundle.  It consists of a battery charger plus an extra battery.  With it, you can charge one battery while your phone is plugged into the charger and your phone's battery can be charged at the same time.  That way, you'll always have a fully-charged battery with you and you won't need any information from a battery app.  Just a thought.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

about the battery apps.

1) they must be opened to work
2) most of them allow you to know the remaining energy in your battery with a percentage number (as opposed to a bar more or less filled).
3) some apps give you some more information, like the weather, or the temperature of your battery
4) there is one app named Battery Guru, not free, that enables you to monitor very closely the battery usage (with excel files and graphs and so on), it can be useful if you want to do very thorough investigation.

here is my advice;
install the free app named "Night ports". It is useful (shows where the ports are, has a flashlight front and screen) and also gives info about the battery level.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Hi BiLLJ, thanks for the advice. I deleted the app (battery doctor) i installed a few days ago. It keeps me checking the app everytime i unlock the screen just to check the remaining battery left. Hence, it consumes a portion of power.
Contributor

To Xandrex, thanks also to you. I will look into the app you suggested. It seems useful and informative.
Contributor

I just installed the night ports app. It works super fine with me. I definitely need this especially i charge my phone most often at night. I have to look for stores here in Davao City, Philippines that sell authentic battery charging bundle as what BiLLJ said. Thanks!