Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

reaper7777
My Device: z10

swannview for the z10

When I search for the app it says it's not avaliable for this device, , what gives?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: swannview for the z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Apps for BB have always required porting to each specific device model number and major OS level combination...this is no different for BB10, and indeed even more challenging. From what I understand, since BB10 is a totally new and different OS from legacy, the developers have to totally re-write their app for it...simple porting from a prior version doesn't work.

In any event, it's the developers choice as to which model number/OS level combinations they will support...some choose to support only a subset. From what I see on AppWorld for this app, it appears that this developer has not yet chosen to write their app for BB10.

If you desire to put pressure toward getting it written for BB10, the best place for you to do that would be the developer...it's their choice to make. You can find their contact information on the AppWorld catalog page for the app:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code