Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Activesync set up steps for Z10

Hey everyone,

I am not all that familiar with how or what the steps are to set up activesync on the new Z10. I know what email address I want it to recognoze and the server name yet I am unsure about the A to Z steps on were to go and how to complete...

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Activesync set up steps for Z10

Hello DanVil,

Check out the below link for a video on "How to add email, contacts, calendar and social networking accounts on your BlackBerry 10 device".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1u4lidNF9s

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: WIND Mobile

The YouTube video did not cover ActiveSync. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Active Sync requires an URL, a username and a password. All these must be given to you.

Contact the ActiveSync admin and ask for those configuration items.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: iPhone
My Carrier: Vodafone

Activesync does not require a URL, Blackberry's sync with Outlook Wep Access and only do the email wirelessly. You need BES for calendar and contacts sync

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello jonredwood,

thank you for your comments. Let me add three.

1)

ActiveSync does require a URL, except for GMail and Outlook.com.

Please check the Z10 documentation here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/50498/mwa1340198084680.html#mwa134019808...

I quote:

Work accounts supported by Microsoft ActiveSync

If your organization doesn't use the BlackBerry Enterprise Service but does use Microsoft ActiveSync, make sure you know at least the following information from your administrator:

Your username and work network password
    Server address

For the sake of completeness, I also add the official Outlook help on Microsoft's server that also explain how to get the server address for Android/iOS devices (process is exactly the same for a BlackBerry10 device).

http://help.outlook.com/en-gb/140/bb896613.aspx

2)

connecting your BlackBerry Phone to a company Exchange email server through Outlook Web Access (or through Outlook WebApp) requires BIS, which does not exist for the Z10. As a reminder, BIS only exists for legacy devices (BlackBerry OS7 and prior).

The BIS/OWA connectivity gives email synchronization, but no calendar or contacts database access. You need to manually synchronize those two databases using the Desktop Software.

3)

Once your Z10 is connected to your company's ActiveSync server (without BES5 and without BES10), you will have access to :

• email synchronization
  • calendar synchronization
  • contacts synchronization

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: