Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

BB Z10 Important Tools

There are certain tools I would consider important, like being able to scan your bb screen, giving feedback measuring and so forth.

Yesterday I installed a croping picture tool, in fact I purchased two, the only two that are available for the BB Z10, none of them worked.

I spoke with the owner and being very sympathetic to my needs replied concerning the application that it does not work for the BB Z10

After sending screenshot evidence of the features that no connetion was being made with their application he assured me to my distress that he would be removing the application from the BB market.

He assured me that he was not given the device to see if their application did work but was assured by that the BB tested and approved the item.

Would the BB Team that approve these application send with the item some instructions and maybe some troubleshooting help where possible.

I have below screenshots of the applictions that does not work to one that does. The Crop Tool and the Crop Rotate and Apply Frames

Crop Tool and Crop Rotate and Apply Frames enabled  IMG_00000054[3].png

After pressing the gallery button in the Crop Tool Gallery this was my message from both of these applications, 

Unable to find My Folders on SD Card IMG_00000056[2].png 

This Picture will show that I have an SD Card installed and I have more than ample space in both my SD Card and the phone memory IMG_00000058[1].png 

I have the application PhotoStudio Pro for a long time now and after my lastest app installations the Crop Tools I installed the Shape Application and both the before tools and after tools make the connections needed.

Example: PhotoStudio Pro IMG_00000053[5].png 

What I noticed with these application are, they never asked for Contacts but asked for File Viewer and Zip File Manager.

I do hope that someone will be able to look at this and bring it to the BB Team that cater for applications introuduced to the BB Z10

Yours Sincerely

JTV

JTValerie
Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Z10 Important Tools

I think the developer himself is responsible for testing to see that the application works properly.

Sounds like you got blown off by that developer.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

Hiya JS

I hope not but he did say he'll refund me back later today, but it is a pity if his pulling a scam, but shouldn't our new developers go through certain checks before their items be allowed on the market.

I have had a couple that have never replied but those that have, I am so ever willing to help.

The others I will bring to book soon. :Whistling:

JTValerie
Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You're a developer? You know the SDK checks all functions?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9900 + Z30 (STA 100-5)
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

It looks like above is a simple Android app ported into App World.
Most of the time the apps are looking for information in wrong places, and sometimes they don't have the right access protocols.

I suggest sideloading your own or looking through the list of working Android apps available for sideload. I am sure there are bunch of free cropping tools, otherwise I hope you can add this to the list of features you want to see in the next OS.

If I may suggest a work-around in the meantime. Take the picture you want to crop, open it and zoom the area you want to crop, then take another screen shot. Here you go, picture/screenshot is cropped. Let me know if this works for you.

Super Contributor

Dear  Ride_The_Sky

The idea is close to what I would like to do but in so doing, I would still get the other features of the buttons and the like from the screen which are not needed in the picture.

I am looking for the picture without other features included.

The developer did mention that their application did work on other devices like the android.

The term sideloading is not one I have heard about, could you explain this in a simpler term if there is one:Sweatdrop:

JTValerie
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9900 + Z30 (STA 100-5)
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi,

I am not sure if linking is allowed, if it is not please remove/edit and I apologize, but here are the details on sideloading, basically taking the Android app (one that is already converted into a .bar file) and loading it to Blackberry to run.

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/03/14/new-to-sideloading-let-us-help-you-out/

There are .bar files here (not all of them are tested)

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f258/made-list-links-243-bars-689706/

And here are the bar files that are tested, working:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-app-sideloading-f279/list-sideloaded-apps-working-z10-766594/