Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, Bold 9790 & PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Maxis
Accepted Solution

BBM Error - Unable to Connect, You need a data plan to use BBM. Please contact your service provider for details.

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

My BBM suddenly went crazy and unable to connect with the above mentioned error message (the title). I did some digging around for solutions and tried the hard reset. Nothing works.

I am still able to connect to the internet via mobile internet and wifi. So I am not sure whether this is an operator problem or the BBM server glitch thing.

Please help.

Thanks.

John

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: BBM Error - Unable to Connect, You need a data plan to use BBM. Please contact your service provider for details.

Hi everybody.....

I have a same problem tonight. My BBM suddenly error. I am still able to the Internet via mobile service and wifi. Please Help......

Thanks.....

Fery

johnjjho wrote:

Hi Guys,

My BBM suddenly went crazy and unable to connect with the above mentioned error message (the title). I did some digging around for solutions and tried the hard reset. Nothing works.

I am still able to connect to the internet via mobile internet and wifi. So I am not sure whether this is an operator problem or the BBM server glitch thing.

Please help.

Thanks.

John

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Globe

Re: BBM Error - Unable to Connect, You need a data plan to use BBM. Please contact your service provider for details.

same problem here. It just happened a few minutes ago. all of a sudden im getting bbm error. can't connect to server but i have wifi and data plan connections. i hope this gets fixed fast!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: telkomsel

same problem here please do provide some repair as soon as possible or at least give us some information on why we had all the same issue thanks
Visitor
My Device: Blackbery Z10
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I am getting the same error as well. One minute BBM is okay, then this just happened. I hope this gets fixed by the time I wake up later.
My Device: z10

same here
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Same also here, with provider Telkomsel. Just made a call to Telkomsel, and get informed that problem comes from Blackberry, not from Telco side. Hope that this will be fixed shortly.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, Bold 9790 & PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Maxis

Dear All,

Just got my BBM working, Seems BlackBerry got it working again.

Regards,

John Ho

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry q10

yes i'm also using the provider telkomsel and i was told by people it was the RIM error

i hope it will be fixed shortly as i've to chat with my office people tomorow morning

thanks

Contributor
My Carrier: Singtel

Having the same problem over here in Singapore. Singtel.