Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Alfa

Re: BlackBerry World Down World Wide

I have no store in my music app and no app world in the 3 dots options. Tx.
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

It must be mostly due to the fact that your region doesn't have music in the blackberry world. You can try getting into the app world through the games app. In the games app, select the games tab on the bottom and then select the 3 dots. You should get an option to get into the BB World. From there go on to your my world and check for updates and download your updates. 

The next time you should be able to open up App World normally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Alfa

Bless you! Works like a charm! Tx man.
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Airtel

World does not work for me..
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Have you tried any of the workarounds in the thread earlier. Let me recap it below:

Step 1

Go to the Music icon on your homescreen. Tap the three dots and selet blackberry world. Go to My World and them My Apps and Check for updates. After this, the app world should function normally. You need not proceed to step 2 if this resolves your issue.

Step2

In case you dont get the option for BB World in your music app, it must be mostly due to the fact that your region doesn't have music in the blackberry world. You can try getting into the app world through the games app. In the games app, select the games tab on the bottom and then select the 3 dots. You should get an option to get into the BB World. From there go on to your my world and check for updates and download your updates. 

The next time you should be able to open up App World normally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and BB Z10
My Carrier: Omantel

Sine BlackBerry World app isn't working out right and since the Music app doesn't have the option of selecting BlackBerry World for me, I tried the Games app and did exactly as I read here and still BlackBerry World app continuously keeps circling forever... BlackBerry World has been down now for more than 3 days for me and I'm on Wifi and 3G.

My phones details:

Model: BlackBerry Z10 (unlocked)

Model Number: STL100-1

OS Version:10.0.10.648

Software Release: 10.0.10.82

Carrier: Oman Mobile

Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for the shortcut, somewhat.  At least we can access some part of BBW.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and BB Z10
My Carrier: Omantel

Went to crackberry.com forums and found this temporary solution other than the mentioned here:

"Goto browser
Write : appworld://music
(inside appworld). slide up=down, goto setting
Tap in the bottom (appworld ver) then tap back button"

And it worked as I could access BlackBerry World only using this method and not straight from the BlackBerry World app... I hope you guys can fix this issue ASAP
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

Is there a problem again with BB World being down again on the Z10?  Since yesterday I am getting the same message again "There is an issue with BlackBerry World.  BlackBerry World must now close".  I can also not get into Facebook via the Facebook icon, but can login via the browser.

Super Contributor

This problem can be mostly resolved by restarting your Z10. Give it a try.