Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Zain -Kuwait

Re: Blackberry App World Default Language

Hi Jayancipe, I just wanna check with you one thing. Did you go very deep inside the BlackBerry World in different categories and different apps and games and make sure that everything is fixed?

Because yesterday while I was browsing in my BlackBerry World, I found everything in English, I tried many categories and navigate deep towards many apps, and I thought that it us fixed, but I found after some trials that still the issue is there and not fixed, everything was in English but when I clicked on one app, I found the titles inside (e.g. Details and Reviews) are still in arabic.

I'm telling that because maybe you didn't go deep enough in BlackBerry World and just checked what was not working before you call your network operator. Please let us know.
Contributor
My Carrier: Du- UAE

Hi ahmed_mh1,

I have dug deep into BlackBerry World and everything seems to be just as it should be. On some local apps i.e. meant for middle east certain reviews were in arabic, but i believe these were posted in arabic by the reviewer. English reviews were also visible on the same page.

:Rockon:

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat - UAE

Well, I am in the UAE, and as opposed to jayancipe, my network service provider is Etisalat, I just contacted them after I read jayancipe's reply and they said there's nothing they can do, I should delete the app and re-install it :Dots:

They weren't even open to listen to what I read in the forum here. They said the problem is in my phone.

So, tips? It's not only changing to Arabic now only, today it is in Russian! Please!!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello ya3goub,

call the Etisalat helpdesk again, and demand to be escalated to the RIM Level2 support team.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

ok done, they said they will call me back.

Thanks..

what was the outcome ?

i've called them twice, nothing till now - and its very annoying 

New Contributor

Me? They replied 2-3 days later telling me to check my device's language settings. I mean could anybody be that stupid to not notice that their device is NOT in English, and notice BlackBerry World only? I stopped bothering myself with their idiocy and/or negligence.
Contributor
My Carrier: Zain -Kuwait

Guys, I told you earlier, this problem will not be solved by the carriers, it is something in BlackBerry Os itself for the Z10 that needs to be fixed from BlackBerry side (not the carriers).

Hey BlackBerry guys, if you are listening, this is something that needs to be fixed at your end.

On the other hand, please try to apply the OS updates on all blackberry devices worldwide at the same time, why there are upgrades in BlackBerry Os 10 for users in Canada that was released lately which no one outside Canada can benefit from) especially that it includes many improvements, such as battery life, camera shots and others, why should I be a BlackBerry user and cannot benefit from those upgrades? I give Apple 5 stars on that, as for any upgrade in iOS, it is channeled to all iOS users worldwide at the same time.

Please do the same, BlackBerry now is back to the market and competition, so please be up to your rivals.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

I'm having the same problem, few weeks back the problem was it was in Arabic, and now its in Chinese. I've set everything to English, ran all possible updates avliable. This highly fustrating! 

My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: me

I am not able to use even download the App world on my blackberry 9800