Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Kuwait
Accepted Solution

Blackberry App World Default Language

Hi,

I've done all of the needed display language settings to be in English, and everything is working well, except the Blackberry World App, I'm not sure if it is taking my location to set the language by default. So, now my BB Z10 display language is in English but the Blackberry World App is in Arabic. I tried to find a way to change it but I couldn't.

Would you help me on this please, I want it to be in English !

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Zain -Kuwait

Re: Blackberry App World Default Language

I have the same problem as well. I set the whole device language is in English, and it is so except for the blackberry world, where some (not all) of the menus language (like search, categories, applications, games and subcategories) are in Arabic.

But the most strange to me is that the menus that sometimes appear in Arabic can change to English by itself, and others which appear in English can change to Arabic by itself also (without any change in settings or any action from my side). I found it very strange and I thought it is only me having this problem, so I performed a full wipe for my device which restores the device to its factory settings, but the problem remains the same.

I think it is a software bug which I hope that blackberry will fix in the next update of the OS 10.

I have also another problem when I receive calls from my friends, as my contact list contains all the numbers preceded by the International code of the country (Kuwait) by default as I'm a frequent traveler, so I can call any of my local contacts directly while I'm abroad. The problem now is that when I receive calls from those contacts while I'm inside Kuwait, only the contact number appears to me and not the contact name, which in most of the cases makes me not able to identify the caller as I cannot memorize all of my contact list. The caller name appears only if his number is saved in my contact list WITHOUT the International code.

Anyone has the same problem? I faced the same issue before with my previous iPhone when I upgraded its software from iOS 4 to iOS 5. It was the same exact problem which was not solved till Apple released the upgrade to iOS 5.1 at that time.

I hope blackberry will consider those issues in its next upgrade of the OS. Please share your thoughts and ideas if somebody was able to solve any of these problems.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Hi Ahmed,

Yeah, i had the same problem on calls issue and i have fixed it by fixing my numbers. But after that i found out that it can be fixed by calling setting.

Go to your calling page and then pull down the menu from top, go to setting and then fix your settings and then you might get your problem solved.

Thanks

Contributor

Hi Mohamed 

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it didn't work with me from the call settings. I think the only way to solve this problem is that blackberry shall fix this bug on the OS level (the same as what happened with Apple in the iOS 5 release, which was not fixed toll they upgrade to iOS 5.1)

The only temporary solution for this (as what I did before with my iPhone is to save all my contact numbers twice, one with the International code, and the other without the international code, both under the same contact name), but this action will double the size of your contacts till they fix this issue from blackberry side, after which you will have to delete the duplicate numbers again to restore your contacts size.

Regards and thanks to you.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey mohdalsalem,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry World is currently running on the BlackBerry Z10?  To get this info, swipe from the top while in BlackBerry World and open Settings and it will appear at the bottom.

Also go into the main Settings and Language and Input, is both Region and Language set to English and your country?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Hi ViciousFerret

If I may reply on behalf of Mr. Mohamed Al Salem with regards to this issue, which I'm facing also as well, please note the following:

For the blackberry world version that is currently on my Z10 device, it is (Ver. 4.2.1.87).

For the language setting, both the "Language" & "Region" settings are (English) all the time, I never change it.

And the most strange thing as I said earlier in this forum is that the categories appearing sometimes in Arabic can change to English by itself when I re-login to blackberry world later, and others which appear in English can change to Arabic by itself also re-login to blackberry world later (without any change in settings or any action from my side). That is why I think it is a software bug which needs to be fixed.

Also, kindly consider the other important issue which I raised also in this forum regarding (Contact numbers saved with its related International Codes), as it is causing a lot of inconvenience.

Thanks a lot.

New Contributor

Hi ViciousFerret

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The App world version is 4.2.1.87

And all language settings has been set to English and country as United States.

Its been a while that the app is showing in english after few restarts and changing the Measurement System to metrics, and it didn't get back to Arabic language yet.

Thanks

Contributor

Hi Mohamed

The same is happening with me, sometimes you find everything is fine and everthing in English, but after a while (may ben if you colse it and re-open it back now or later or tomorrow), the same issue appears again. May be you will not notice it in the main menues or categories, but you may find it under the sub-categories.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

do you confirm those two points?
- the OS language is English
- the BlackBerry World language is Arabic

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi Xandrex,

- Yes, the OS language is English since i bought the device.

- Blackberry World was in Arabic, but now it is in English, the language change to English with no changes for a specific settings from me.