Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: DU

Blackberry App World Not Working in Q10 !

I face a problem that my Blackberry app Wold in Q10 Refusing to open since i got the last update for these app !
it's not showing any error msg it's simply only refusing to open , once i click on it black screen coming and then closing !
i try to open it thorigh the game /Music  app but also the same refusing to open 

Please advice if you have any solution about that !

Thank You ! 

Made about Juventus !! :smileyhappy:
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry App World Not Working in Q10 !

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness shows up, the first thing to try is a proper reboot:

• BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. If this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.

See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: maxis

Hi there, 

I have the same problem and I tried the method that you suggested but it's not working. Please help. Thank you 

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: maxis

Hi there, 

I have the same problem and I tried the method that you suggested but it's not working. Please help. Thank you 

Hall of Famer II

In what I provided, there actually were two methods...so I cannot tell if I need to move beyond what I already provided, or if you just didn't do them both, or something else???

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Same problem for me since i installed the last update :smileysad: BBworld can't load...

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: DU

thank you for your replying still the same problem after doing all steps
Made about Juventus !! :smileyhappy:
Hall of Famer II

This is the closest KB I can find:

• KB33849Applications fail to launch when selected on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

You, of course, can search for more. I've not done this with AppWorld itself on BB10 however...so I'm actually not positive what will happen after you delete AppWorld itself from your BB. It is, I think, most likely that, after you delete AppWorld, you will be able to check for OS updates, and one will be pushed to you...and that will be the reload of AppWorld. You may want to include a reboot after you delete AW and before you check for OS updates.

Otherwise, I'd recommend you ring up your mobile service provider for formal support and potential escalation up to BlackBerry.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Not too helpful this, it tells you to delete and reinstall using app world. Duh!
Hall of Famer II

Neillasher wrote:
Not too helpful this, it tells you to delete and reinstall using app world. Duh!

Well, perhaps you could apply some other detail method, but keep the same basic process? For example...if you hold on any app icon, they all will begin to pulsate, with a trash can in one corner of each, which does exactly as you'd expect such an indication to do...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates