Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell

Netflix Missing!?!

I'm surprised to be making this post.  I've held off buying an new phone phone for several months waiting for the new blackberry phone. I love the new OS but I loved BB7 too.  The problem is RIM is still light years behind in getting it right.  Many smart phone forums on the Internet have postings indicating users want Netflix.  How was this missed?  Just can't imagine why RIM wasn't offering to pay development cost for a netflix app?  It runs on every other platform.  

BB World is going to have video... maybe I don't need netflix...oh wait one movie purchase is more than the cost of my monthly Netflix fee?!? 

So I'm one customer who was waiting for something new and what I got was a Black Berry. (OH this means I'm not buying the new phone).

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Netflix Missing!?!

The problem here is Netflix, not BlackBerry (new official name for RIM). For some reason Netflix doesn't feel that BlackBerry 10 is worth developing an app for yet. But I hope that once they see the demand, they will change their tune.

*Note: Netflix may have already started development but the app may simply not be ready yet. In this case, hopefully we will see something shortly.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Developer
My Device: Q10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Alec Saunders was quoted saying if Netflix asked, RIM would have a team of developers over to them within 24 hours.

The problem is with Netflix.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Sprint

Netflix is the problem, I was able to reach a CS supervisor and asked him. He said he would check and get back with me. He actually did!! Anyway, he said they are in a wait and see as of yesterday.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

What is preventing BB / RIM from creating the app?
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

DVader

you cannot break into your neighbour's house without his permission Smiley Wink

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: