Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Rogers Carrier Billing unavailable...

....at least for me! I have always bought apps from BB World through carrier billing without problems. The last few days - after the password and verification, I get a red message that says it is unavailable and to choose from the 2 options below - Paypal or Credit Card. Is anyone else experiencing this, or should I be calling Rogers, BB or what? I've done a battery pull to no avail. Thanks for any info.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Rogers Carrier Billing unavailable...

[ Edited ]

Hello jvictor77,

Please refer to the Additonal Information section of the following article regarding this issue: 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB25147

If these steps fail to resolve the issue, please contact your mobile service provider for further investigation.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Do service books even form part of BB10?

Retired

Sorry for the confusion as your profile lists you as having a BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone. Service books do not exist as part of BlackBerry 10.

If this issue is occurring on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, please attempt reinserting your battery as a test and verify that your software is up to date via System Settings - Software updates.

If this process fails to address the issue, please reach out to your mobile service provider to investigate.

Cheers,

-FB

Contributor

Sorry about that. Tried to change my device profile - where do I go? Also - BB and Rogers were pointing fingers at each other, but I finally managed to get Rogers to escalate and they have opened a ticket. Thx for your help.

Retired

No worries! Glad to hear they were able to open a ticket for you. You can update your personal profile for your device by going to My settings (at the top of the page) - Personal Information - BlackBerry Device - Make & Model.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

-FB

Contributor

Thanks - done!
Visitor
My Device: Q10

Hey there brother,

I have the Q10 and I am on Rogers same as you. After noticing my option to charge the carrier disappeared as well i asked my buddies and they were still able too. I knew it was a carier problem because I popped my simcard into my old Z10 and the option was gone from there as well. I popped my friends Telus chip into my phone, Voilia!!, the option returned.

After calling 3 reps within 18 hour time period the option has now reappeared on my phone. The first two reps basically me a runnaround. I don't know what the 3rd rep did but he basically went through a QUE of questions and started clicking some buttons on his end. He said, "we are just network technictions I just checked there is nothing on our end that would keep you from being able to charge on your phone bill, your credit is good with us. Can i forward you to our pay per claim service or call you back to see if i can find anymore answers for you?" 

I politely said thank you and made sure he had the right contact number to call me back.

I then immediately checked BlackBerry appworld and, behold, it came back!

Hope this helps you.

P.S all you need is pestering skills. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that bro. They opened a case # for me 2 or 3 weeks ago. Have heard nothing - and the problem persists. I guess it's time to do some pestering!

Thanks again.

JV

Update - 2 hours and 4 departments later, I was put on with customer care, who deal more with complaints etc. She has now put a due (deadline) date on the ticket. Meanwhile, I changed the payment option to credit card, cancelled the transaction at the last minute, set it back to carrier billing.....pulled out and re-inserted the SIM....and still the same problem. At least now they HAVE to get back to me within a week!