Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Downloaded Applications

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

WhatsApp not found in apps world using my Z10 10.0.9.2372

I have been trying to download whatsapp from blackberry apps world but I have not been able to do so. When I search for whatsapp, instead of seeing an option to download to my device, it displays that this application is not available for the device. I am using a blackberry Z10 STL100-1 version 10.0.9.2372. I had visited other forums and I was surprised that other z10 users are downloading the application from apps world. Why is my case different? This is so frustrating, I pre ordered the device and got it first hand from my service provider (MTN Nigeria), why would I not be able to enjoy what others are enjoying? Is the whatsapp application not available for version 10.0.9.2372? If yes, why not release a compatible version for us in Nigeria since RIM has refused to push the OS10 update to us here in Nigeria. This is very unfair, even the OS10 update we have not seen where as other users from other countries have received and updated their OS. Please help us here in Nigeria by making whatsapp available for Z10 running on version 10.0.9.2372. And besides the Whatsapp released on 19th March 2013 did not even indicate clearly that is for OS10 versions higher than10.0.9.2372.

PLEASE HELP!!! IT'S FRUSTRATING

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: WhatsApp not found in apps world using my Z10 10.0.9.2372

You will have to wait until your able to get a OS update Version 10.0.10.648 or higher.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberey z 10
My Carrier: talk talk

I'm on 10.0.10.90. And what's app is on blackberry. World, try a software update
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Thank you for your response. How do I get the update if I may ask since RIM would not push the update to my service provider? All the Z10 devices shipped to Nigeria are running on 10.0.9.2372 and yet RIM has not deemd it necessary to push the update to us? Is it that we did not pay money to buy the device? Does this mean that if it takes 2 years for us to receive the update in Africa, I will not be able to download WhatsApp to my device simply because I am an African? Why would other users around the globe who paid money as much as we did here to purchase the device enjoy the felixibility to download a popular app like WhatsApp while the lot in Nigeria would not enjoy such privilege even though we all patronise you?

New Contributor

It shouldn't matter if it's PAYG or contract, it could be different for every country and software updates at different times so I ain't sure about all that. Did u go into settings and press software update? It will show the OS You are currently on the new OS Is 10.0.10.90 that's the latest update I had and updated a few days ago, try the update and if it don't update or say it's up to date then I think you will have to contact blackberry because it could be different times for different countries. And some get updates before others.
New Contributor

I'm new to the forums, I think you will get more and better in a different forum, there are loads and you should get the help that you news and. Hope you get it sorted