Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
williamhire
My Device: Not Specified

9630 tour: I receive alerts to chat but my messages that I send don't go through

Hello, I have a blackberry tour. I am able to receive an alert using yahoo messenger, saying my partner is signed on. But when I go to reply my message does not go through. I have tried deleting an reinstall the application, reboot, pulling battery out. I have contacted yahoo they said to contact blackberry because they change the app for there products. The only way I can chat is to sign on to my PC if I am at home

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: 9630 tour: I receive alerts to chat but my messages that I send don't go through

Hi there!

In order to log your issue with RIM, it needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. Any other selection will simply route you back anonymously to these public forums. If you don't have an "Order Number" for that field, just use anything (e.g., "123456").

If the form responds telling you that your PIN is invalid, then please report that fact back here as there is a separate resolution path for that issue.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
williamhire

Re: 9630 tour: I receive alerts to chat but my messages that I send don't go through

this is the message that came up after I sent in a question.

The email address is already in use on the BlackBerry Support Community Forums. Please log into the BlackBerry Support Community Forums with your account and post your question. If you are unable to log into the community click here to retrieve your BlackBerry Support Community Forums account. If you are not currently a forums member please click here to create an account.

it brings me right back.   Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK that is totally strange. At what point, exactly, in the process I gave you does that message come up? I have never had that message come up on those forms and have not heard anyone else report it either...so I'm a little confused...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
williamhire

Leave it to me..  lol    After I wrote the message. I tried it twice, im not sure if the messages went through or not. I have not heard anything either way.

Thanks again for your time and help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Given the reply you got, I doubt it went in. Plus, a successful submission results in an email to you with a ticket number and instructions as to how to follow up. If none of that happened, then it did not work. Are you 100% sure that you used "AppWorld Billing/Payments" and not something else? Anything else indeed routes back to these forums...only that selection results in getting your request sent into RIM...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
williamhire

No i'm not possitive on the correct submission. I will make sure and let you know what happens. Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
williamhire

Ok I finally got to the correct page. Now it wont take my pin. I have entered the number that is shown inside my phone and it the same number that is shown through options window then to status. they say number is in valid ?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Yup...that's yet another problem we are dealing with...it's so fun. See your Private Messages on this site for a PM from me with the instructions you need for that. Once that is cleared up, you will be able to enter your issue into that RIM support form.

Best.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
williamhire

hello< I sent my Pin number to that person, I am still waiting on a response. I didnt mean to leave you hanging.

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.