Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
cfujrawii
My Device: 9780

ACCESS BBM VOICE CHAT AT DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES via ETISALAT / DU *wake up experts*

I live at UNITED ARAB EMIRATES. Tried to use both Service provider (etisalat and du). Still my bbm voice chat seems not to work  . Back in Australia my 9780 works absolutely fine with any carrier . All i need is to connect wifi and booom it works! 

I tried all the possible ways {port forwarding, manually config ip, (used 'hotspot shield' to unblock all the restriction by the service provider and create a access point using 'connectify hotspot' "connectify . me" and connect my 9780 with it!) used DNS and all} Went thru all blogs and forums that i could find at google. The conclusion is FLOP!

Is there any expert in the house to help me out with it. I believe there is a way, to access BBM VOICE chat at dubai aka UNITED ARAB EMIRATES aka UAE aka etisalat aka du! After all its made by HUMANS (one of us)!

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: ACCESS BBM VOICE CHAT AT DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES via ETISALAT / DU *wake up experts*

Hello cfujrawii

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

cfujrawii wrote:

I believe there is a way, to access BBM VOICE chat at dubai aka UNITED ARAB EMIRATES aka UAE aka etisalat aka du! After all its made by HUMANS (one of us)!

I agree that it's made by humans and for humans , But.. If you're country is officially  not in the supported country list where BBM7 is available then I doubt it will work in order. Please Check this App World catalog page if your country is in the list  :

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3729/?lang=en .

I hope you understand the issue .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
cfujrawii
My Device: 9780

Re: ACCESS BBM VOICE CHAT AT DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES via ETISALAT / DU *wake up experts*

Hello Prince2012,

It use to work, when bbm voice chat got realised at the begaining. But later, service provider just blocked bbm voice chat facility. Getting this message you arent connected to wifi :/. I am looking forward to by pass this restriction. Maybe i can come up with an alternative way to connect bbm voice chat. if some1 can explain me how does it work!

Thanks

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi there,

I agree that it has worked before but on those country where BBM7 is not available you cannot bypass your Carrier  or those features that your Service provider doesn't support !

cfujrawii wrote:

I am looking forward to by pass this restriction. Maybe i can come up with an alternative way to connect bbm voice chat. if some1 can explain me how does it work!

Thanks

Sorry .. I'm not a BlackBerry Developer and I don't have any idea on how to pass those restrictions . In my view it's better to wait until your Country support this feature because I don't see any alternative way to connect to BBM Voice over wifi .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.