Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
DeskPilot
My Carrier: O2

APP Charges in BBW are different to the developer's price

Hi All,

I am using Hammy Liems' excellent currency converter program, but the trial period has expired.  The progtram pops-up a box offering the unrestricted version for $0.99c (about £0.62 in the UK).

On transferring to Blackberry World to pay, it suddenly becomes £1.50

My question is who is responsible for pricing and how does it work? I tried contacting Hammy Liem directly using the contact details in the program, but didn't get a reply.

There must be a person who sets the prices on Blackberry World and maintains the system, but who are those shadowy figures and how do I connect with them to ask about it?

Cheers! All suggestions gratefull received, apart from "abandon it and use another program" which is defeatist :-)

Please use plain text.
Developer
pyth
My Carrier: Outer Space

Re: APP Charges in BBW are different to the developer's price

The best way would be to try contacting the developer directly. If the contact details in the program don't work, try his contact information in AppWorld (where you downloaded the app). If that also doesn't work, maybe he has a homepage, and you should try there

The thing is: if it is flagged as £0.62 inside the app, but £1.50 in AppWorld, he may have changed it there, without changing it inside his app. On the other hand, if you contacted him and he says, he can't do anything because AppWorld is making the mistake, you can't do anything there. Except maybe sending a complaint directly to AppWorld :smileytongue:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Please use plain text.