Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: idea

APP WORLD NOT WORKING

Hi guys
Okay I have a BB Curve 8520 and when I click on my app world it just says "blackberry app world is having trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server, verify your network connections and try again" then if I wait a few seconds another box comes up saying "BLACKBERRY ID ,app world requires the latest version of Blackberry ID" then there is 2 boxes saying CLOSE & UPDATE - when I press update it doesn't even get past 0% before it comes up with "sorry the software update server is unavailable, please try again later"then there's 2 boxes again saying CLOSE & RETRY when press retry it just flashes on 0% and back to retry so when press close it says "Blackberry identity installation failed, please try again later. (80002)...Oh yh also I've noticed that if I got Device>Blackberry ID, it says "unable to update blackberry Id account information while offline" so it won't let me change any details at all not even my name, but I can sign in fine on the website itself....
The BB Curve 8520 is running OS version 5 and app world is version 4.0.0.65....
I have tried a device wipe with no joy and I have tried changing the tic/pan to internet etc still no joy, I have even tried deleting app world and reinstalling but still the same oh and I have tried a battery pull too ???
Can some 1 please help me.

Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: APP WORLD NOT WORKING

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan on your mobile provider account?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code