Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mps9595
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

An update to WeatherBug Elite is available (1.0.0.8xx) o...

An update to WeatherBug Elite is available (1.0.0.8xx) on the website but when I try to get it through the app on my blackberry, the old version 1.0.0.615 is being shown and downloaded.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: An update to WeatherBug Elite is available (1.0.0.8xx) o...

Hi there!

The application developers are responsible for releasing their app to RIM for inclusion in AppWorld. If the developer has not done so, RIM does not attempt to "pull" from the developer. It may be that the process is underway. It may be that the developer has not initiated the process. I would suggest contacting the developer and asking them where they are in their process.

If that does not work, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mps9595
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the extremely quick post to respond to my original question.  I definitely understand the developer's role in getting apps/upgrades to app world for inclusion.

I think I should clarify my issue.  When I browse BB App World from my computer browser (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/) I see the latest version of WeatherBug Elite as 1.0.0.827.  But when I open App World on my BlackBerry, I get version 1.0.0.615.  Does it take a bit to "push" app updates out to the mobile store?

Thanks again for your help.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and (formally) Welcome to our little Community Support Forums!

Ahhh...I see now. The web-based catalog is an all-inclusive list of all apps available for all devices. The on-device interface to AppWorld is a subset of that, filtering in only those apps that the developer has completed the process of making it available for your specific device.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.